Granite Construction names new EVP, chief operating officer
Christopher S. Miller is Granite Construction’s new executive vice president and chief operating officer, effective August 4th. Reporting to James H. Roberts, president and chief executive officer, Miller will oversee Granite’s day-to-day operations.
Miller comes to Granite with executive experience at CH2M Hill, serving in the position of managing director, global operations and president of CH2M Hill Constructors along with other positions. He also served as director of federal programs for Jacobs Engineering, and was in the United States Air Force from 1989 to 1995, with key roles in in the Human Systems Division, Weapons System Program Office and Air Force Center of Environmental Excellence.
The heavy civil contractor and construction materials firm has six subsidiaries, including Granite Construction, Kenny Construction, Granite Construction Supply, Intermountain Slurry Seal, Garco Testing Laboratories and Granite Land Company.
This post was written by Editorial Director Marcia Grover Doyle.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 791 Views
- Martin Marietta gives thousands to charity during the holidays188 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts159 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning142 Views
- Attention Congress: Two-thirds of jobs created by transportation investment occur in non-construction sectors121 Views