Granite joint-venture team awarded $56 million streetcar project
The Granite Construction Inc. joint-venture Old Pueblo Trackworks, comprised of Granite and RailWorks Track Systems, has been awarded a $56 million contract by the City of Tucson, Ariz., to build the first federally-funded streetcar project in more than 60 years.
Granite will book its share, nearly $29 million, into backlog during the first quarter of 2012. The new four-mile electric light-rail system will provide transportation through the city’s main corridor. The project consists of new concrete streetcar guideways, 22 covered stops for accessibility, the reconstruction of existing roadways, including the modification and replacement of water systems and other associated utility improvements.
The project will serve more than 100,000 people who live and work along the streetcar corridor. Work is underway and is expected to be completed by summer 2013.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Giant-sized Jenga580 Views
- 7 Best Practices for Operating Mobile Equipment Near Embankments351 Views
- 110-year-old quarry demonstrates aggregate mining importance335 Views
- Martin Marietta Materials elects President and CEO Ward Nye as chairman of the Board331 Views
- 9 Tips for Fall Prevention313 Views