Graniterock hosts fourth annual Algebra Academy, launches Algebra Academy website
The Algebra Academy, which has been expanded this year to host more than 100 middle school students, provides students with an innovative week-long math course to prepare them for math courses in high school and college.
The program features hands-on curriculum led by college professors and middle school teachers, exposure to college and business environments and insight about how young business and technical professionals use math in their careers.
The last day of the Academy gives students the chance to tour the the CSUMB campus and work in the university’s math department classrooms.
The fourth annual Algebra Academy is a partnership between Graniterock, Cal State University Monterey Bay and University of California Santa Cruz and is sponsored by Graniterock and Littler Mendelson P.C.
For more information, visit the new Algebra Academy website at algebraacademy.net.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers293 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission173 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger141 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park139 Views