Graniterock hosts fourth annual Algebra Academy, launches Algebra Academy website
The Algebra Academy, which has been expanded this year to host more than 100 middle school students, provides students with an innovative week-long math course to prepare them for math courses in high school and college.
The program features hands-on curriculum led by college professors and middle school teachers, exposure to college and business environments and insight about how young business and technical professionals use math in their careers.
The last day of the Academy gives students the chance to tour the the CSUMB campus and work in the university’s math department classrooms.
The fourth annual Algebra Academy is a partnership between Graniterock, Cal State University Monterey Bay and University of California Santa Cruz and is sponsored by Graniterock and Littler Mendelson P.C.
For more information, visit the new Algebra Academy website at algebraacademy.net.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151104 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production756 Views
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success610 Views
- Obama says now is time to raise gas tax with oil prices plummeting436 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone425 Views