Graniterock hosts fourth annual Algebra Academy, launches Algebra Academy website
The Algebra Academy, which has been expanded this year to host more than 100 middle school students, provides students with an innovative week-long math course to prepare them for math courses in high school and college.
The program features hands-on curriculum led by college professors and middle school teachers, exposure to college and business environments and insight about how young business and technical professionals use math in their careers.
The last day of the Academy gives students the chance to tour the the CSUMB campus and work in the university’s math department classrooms.
The fourth annual Algebra Academy is a partnership between Graniterock, Cal State University Monterey Bay and University of California Santa Cruz and is sponsored by Graniterock and Littler Mendelson P.C.
For more information, visit the new Algebra Academy website at algebraacademy.net.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)1604 Views
- Hamm, Inc. receives reclamation award354 Views
- Quarry worker safety is a big deal in the U.S., but not everywhere in the world241 Views
- Opportunities for worker recruitment and retention190 Views
- Caterpillar “Built For It” Trials video: Cat generator powers Lantern Festival in China’s Yuhu Village144 Views