Guest Blog: Caterpillar’s Asia Pacific Quarry Days
By Kerry Clines
Konichiwa! In June, I had the opportunity to visit a part of the world I had never visited before. Caterpillar invited me to attend its Asia Pacific Quarry Days in Japan, an event put on for its customers in the region. I can tell you that Japan is a beautiful country, and the people are very friendly and helpful.
Everyone who attended the event enjoyed a week of great hospitality at what our interpreter said was the best hotel in Tokyo, and we were introduced to all the latest and greatest equipment Cat had to offer in the Asia Pacific region.
Demonstrations were held at the Chichibu Demonstration Center in Chichibu, a small town about an hour and a half drive from Tokyo. The equipment operators were well trained and put on quite a show. Cat showcased its H and K Series wheel loaders, including the 992K, 982H, and 988H, by demonstrating their ability to load large haul trucks, including the 725 articulated truck and the 770, 777, and 777F rigid frame trucks.
The star of the show, however, was the 336E hybrid excavator. Check out the video (above) of one of the Cat employees talking about the features of the hybrid.
All in all, it is a trip I will not soon forget. Until the next time…sayonara.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggregates Insider
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Atlanta turning quarry into one of America's largest reservoirs481 Views
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger429 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources424 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register349 Views
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities344 Views