Guest Blog: Caterpillar’s Asia Pacific Quarry Days
By Kerry Clines
Konichiwa! In June, I had the opportunity to visit a part of the world I had never visited before. Caterpillar invited me to attend its Asia Pacific Quarry Days in Japan, an event put on for its customers in the region. I can tell you that Japan is a beautiful country, and the people are very friendly and helpful.
Everyone who attended the event enjoyed a week of great hospitality at what our interpreter said was the best hotel in Tokyo, and we were introduced to all the latest and greatest equipment Cat had to offer in the Asia Pacific region.
Demonstrations were held at the Chichibu Demonstration Center in Chichibu, a small town about an hour and a half drive from Tokyo. The equipment operators were well trained and put on quite a show. Cat showcased its H and K Series wheel loaders, including the 992K, 982H, and 988H, by demonstrating their ability to load large haul trucks, including the 725 articulated truck and the 770, 777, and 777F rigid frame trucks.
The star of the show, however, was the 336E hybrid excavator. Check out the video (above) of one of the Cat employees talking about the features of the hybrid.
All in all, it is a trip I will not soon forget. Until the next time…sayonara.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggregates Insider
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers293 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger142 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park142 Views