Harrington becomes new CEO of Hanson
(Irving, Texas) — Lehigh Hanson, Inc. announced Daniel M. Harrington succeeded James K. Kitzmiller as Chief Executive Officer effective Jan. 1, 2010. With this change, Kitzmiller retires after more than 39 years of service with the Company.
“I’m pleased with the Company’s accomplishments during the past few years and the integration of the HeidelbergCement businesses in North America,” said Kitzmiller. “Dan Harrington has the talent and the experience to continue the progress the Company has made and successfully lead Lehigh Hanson going forward.”
A recognized leader in the industry with more than 35 years experience, Harrington began his career in 1974 as a management intern and rose to the position of Vice President and Chief Executive Officer of Scancem Industries, Northeast – U.S. He was appointed President of Lehigh East in 1999 and most recently served as Lehigh Hanson’s Chief Operating Officer and President of its South Region. Harrington graduated from Pennsylvania State University with a B.A. in Science and received an MBA from Farleigh-Dickinson University. He also earned an M.S. and a Ph.D. in Executive Management from Claremont Graduate University.
“I look forward to this opportunity to continue developing our business and positioning Lehigh Hanson as the leading building materials company in North America,” said Harrington. “We have an outstanding combination of employees, customers, suppliers, neighbors, and government officials with whom we work. I am honored to join this entire team.”
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Caterpillar closes headquarters of global mining division, moves jobs to different facility824 Views
- Metal and nonmetal mines get a total of 61 citations during August MSHA inspections471 Views
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest390 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company374 Views
- Frac sand 101: What does it take to enter the high-value frac sand market and what does it mean for aggregate producers?329 Views