Havin to excavate gravel bar in Missouri’s Meramec River
The Franklin County Planning and Zoning board in Missouri last week granted Havin Material Service a conditional use permit to excavate sand and gravel from a gravel bar in the Meramec River, The Missourian reported.
The excavation is expected to help the river’s main current return to its original flow, which has been altered by the gravel bar
The conditional use permit is the second the board has granted to Havin. The permits will allow Havin to excavate two sites on its Bruns Bridge Court property. One of those sites is 263.26 acres.
Havin owner Lynn Havin Schulte said she would make any necessary improvements to the entrance of the property where her trucks will be traveling.
Havin would operate from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday and possibly on Saturdays until noon.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Worker airlifted to hospital after accident with rock crusher526 Views
- Cat rolls out its 6020B hydraulic shovel, matches 777G haul trucks361 Views
- Unexpected sand and gravel causes rollover accident344 Views
- Buffalo Crushed Stone cited for pollution172 Views
- Eliminate the fat and increase profits through lean processing161 Views