Havin to excavate gravel bar in Missouri’s Meramec River
The Franklin County Planning and Zoning board in Missouri last week granted Havin Material Service a conditional use permit to excavate sand and gravel from a gravel bar in the Meramec River, The Missourian reported.
The excavation is expected to help the river’s main current return to its original flow, which has been altered by the gravel bar
The conditional use permit is the second the board has granted to Havin. The permits will allow Havin to excavate two sites on its Bruns Bridge Court property. One of those sites is 263.26 acres.
Havin owner Lynn Havin Schulte said she would make any necessary improvements to the entrance of the property where her trucks will be traveling.
Havin would operate from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday and possibly on Saturdays until noon.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs717 Views
- Kelly Bailey named 2015 AggMan of the Year469 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries329 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding161 Views
- Topcon debuts the Falcon 8, a rotary wing drone for mass data collection105 Views