Hawaii DOT awards International Road Dynamics with $1.2 million contract
The Hawaii Department of Transportation (HDOT) awarded Ontario, Canada-based International Road Dynamics (IRD) to provide Weigh-in-Motion (WIM) Data Collection Goods and Services (DCGS) Statewide. This project is intended to supplement HDOT’s existing program and provide maintenance and data collection services as well as enhanced features and performance to its existing systems.
The contract has a total three year value of CAD $1,231,743.00.
The DCGS project is intended to support the HDOT Weigh-in-Motion program, which is subject to guidelines established by the Federal Highway Administration.
There are 11 permanent HDOT WIM Systems that will become part of this project. These sites are located on three of the eight major islands (Oahu, Maui, and Hawaii). The systems provide volume, classification, and weight data, necessary for future pavement planning and design.
IRD is a highway traffic management technology company specializing in supplying products and systems to the global Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) industry. IRD is a North American company based in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada with sales and service offices throughout the United States and overseas.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA issues citations to five metal/non-metal mines during impact inspections in February442 Views
- Holcim shareholders threaten merger plans with Lafarge…again309 Views
- California woman killed when gravel truck tips over on her car210 Views
- Caterpillar intros 735C, 740C EJ, 745C articulated trucks with bevy of powertrain improvements (PHOTOS)189 Views
- The global competition for sand is a deadly war in India153 Views