Hawaii DOT awards International Road Dynamics with $1.2 million contract
The Hawaii Department of Transportation (HDOT) awarded Ontario, Canada-based International Road Dynamics (IRD) to provide Weigh-in-Motion (WIM) Data Collection Goods and Services (DCGS) Statewide. This project is intended to supplement HDOT’s existing program and provide maintenance and data collection services as well as enhanced features and performance to its existing systems.
The contract has a total three year value of CAD $1,231,743.00.
The DCGS project is intended to support the HDOT Weigh-in-Motion program, which is subject to guidelines established by the Federal Highway Administration.
There are 11 permanent HDOT WIM Systems that will become part of this project. These sites are located on three of the eight major islands (Oahu, Maui, and Hawaii). The systems provide volume, classification, and weight data, necessary for future pavement planning and design.
IRD is a highway traffic management technology company specializing in supplying products and systems to the global Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) industry. IRD is a North American company based in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada with sales and service offices throughout the United States and overseas.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Atlanta turning quarry into one of America's largest reservoirs1031 Views
- CRH continues to eye large deals to grow the Irish aggregate company472 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources384 Views
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger321 Views
- Nebraska company fined after loader operator dies in accident246 Views