Hawaii DOT awards International Road Dynamics with $1.2 million contract
The Hawaii Department of Transportation (HDOT) awarded Ontario, Canada-based International Road Dynamics (IRD) to provide Weigh-in-Motion (WIM) Data Collection Goods and Services (DCGS) Statewide. This project is intended to supplement HDOT’s existing program and provide maintenance and data collection services as well as enhanced features and performance to its existing systems.
The contract has a total three year value of CAD $1,231,743.00.
The DCGS project is intended to support the HDOT Weigh-in-Motion program, which is subject to guidelines established by the Federal Highway Administration.
There are 11 permanent HDOT WIM Systems that will become part of this project. These sites are located on three of the eight major islands (Oahu, Maui, and Hawaii). The systems provide volume, classification, and weight data, necessary for future pavement planning and design.
IRD is a highway traffic management technology company specializing in supplying products and systems to the global Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) industry. IRD is a North American company based in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada with sales and service offices throughout the United States and overseas.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Rogers Group's Pottsville Quarry reaches for the stars320 Views
- Quarry Quest is returning to Michels Materials Quarry in Wisconsin for a 17th year (VIDEO)285 Views
- Check out this drone footage of the Atlanta quarry where 'The Walking Dead' was filmed (VIDEO)272 Views
- Caterpillar to lay off another 475 employees269 Views
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter202 Views