Hawaii DOT awards International Road Dynamics with $1.2 million contract
The Hawaii Department of Transportation (HDOT) awarded Ontario, Canada-based International Road Dynamics (IRD) to provide Weigh-in-Motion (WIM) Data Collection Goods and Services (DCGS) Statewide. This project is intended to supplement HDOT’s existing program and provide maintenance and data collection services as well as enhanced features and performance to its existing systems.
The contract has a total three year value of CAD $1,231,743.00.
The DCGS project is intended to support the HDOT Weigh-in-Motion program, which is subject to guidelines established by the Federal Highway Administration.
There are 11 permanent HDOT WIM Systems that will become part of this project. These sites are located on three of the eight major islands (Oahu, Maui, and Hawaii). The systems provide volume, classification, and weight data, necessary for future pavement planning and design.
IRD is a highway traffic management technology company specializing in supplying products and systems to the global Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) industry. IRD is a North American company based in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada with sales and service offices throughout the United States and overseas.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers293 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger142 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park142 Views