Hearing today on reforming the U.S. surface transportation programs
The Subcommittee on Highways and Transit, chaired by U.S. Rep. John J. Duncan, Jr. (R-Tenn.), will conduct a hearing on Tuesday, April 5, 2011 to receive testimony from Members of Congress on their proposals for improving and reforming transportation programs, cutting red tape and streamlining the project delivery process, increasing private sector participation in infrastructure financing, and wisely investing our limited infrastructure resources to create jobs through a surface transportation bill.
For the hearing, the Subcommittee is soliciting policy proposals from Members, rather than information regarding local projects. More background information is available here.
WHAT: Hearing of the Subcommittee on Highways and Transit, U.S. Rep. John J. Duncan, Jr. (R-Tenn.), Chairman: “Policy Proposals from Members of Congress to Reform the Nation’s Surface Transportation Programs.”
WHEN: 10:00 a.m., Tuesday, April 5, 2011
WHERE: 2167 Rayburn House Office Building, Washington, D.C. 20515
A live Webcast of this hearing will be available at http://transportation.house.gov.
- U.S. Rep. Geoff Davis, Kentucky – 4th District
- U.S. Rep. Steve Chabot, Ohio – 1st District
- U.S. Rep. John Garamendi, California – 10th District
- U.S. Rep. Bill Pascrell, Jr., New Jersey – 8th District
- U.S. Rep. James P. McGovern, Massachusetts – 3rd District
- U.S. Rep. Charles F. Bass, New Hampshire – 2nd District
- U.S. Rep. Mike Thompson, California – 1st District
- U.S. Rep. Nydia M. Velázquez, New York – 12th District
- U.S. Rep. David G. Reichert, Washington – 8th District
- U.S. Rep. Rosa L. DeLauro, Connecticut – 3rd District
- U.S. Rep. Gene Green, Texas – 29th District
- U.S. Rep. Mark S. Critz, Pennsylvania – 12th District
- U.S. Rep. Scott Garrett, New Jersey – 5th District
- U.S. Rep. Earl Blumenauer, Oregon – 3rd District
- U.S. Rep. G.K. Butterfield, North Carolina – 1st District
- U.S. Rep. Paul Tonko, New York – 21st District