Heavy/civil engineering hiring up, overall employment unchanged
The Associated General Contractors of America (AGC) Chief Economist Ken Simonson on June 6 reported that construction unemployment in total for May remained unchanged from April levels, but heavy and civil engineering construction firms, many of them responsible for highway and bridge projects, added 3,100 workers in May and 34,400 (4.2 percent) throughout12 months.
Non-seasonally adjusted construction unemployment stood at 16.3 percent for the month, down from 17.8 percent in April and 20.1 percent from the same time last year.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Check out the fun of Fertile Days at Fertile Quarry3103 Views
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a virtual tour of Unimin's underground operation in Guion, Ark.2287 Views
- When gravel doesn't bond with resurfacing substance...502 Views
- Sneak peek: Inside Unimin's safety strategies314 Views
- How to become a more productive worker306 Views