Heavy/civil engineering hiring up, overall employment unchanged
The Associated General Contractors of America (AGC) Chief Economist Ken Simonson on June 6 reported that construction unemployment in total for May remained unchanged from April levels, but heavy and civil engineering construction firms, many of them responsible for highway and bridge projects, added 3,100 workers in May and 34,400 (4.2 percent) throughout12 months.
Non-seasonally adjusted construction unemployment stood at 16.3 percent for the month, down from 17.8 percent in April and 20.1 percent from the same time last year.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 897 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life491 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers272 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts167 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning154 Views