Heavy/civil engineering hiring up, overall employment unchanged
The Associated General Contractors of America (AGC) Chief Economist Ken Simonson on June 6 reported that construction unemployment in total for May remained unchanged from April levels, but heavy and civil engineering construction firms, many of them responsible for highway and bridge projects, added 3,100 workers in May and 34,400 (4.2 percent) throughout12 months.
Non-seasonally adjusted construction unemployment stood at 16.3 percent for the month, down from 17.8 percent in April and 20.1 percent from the same time last year.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry717 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets495 Views
- Sales manager killed at sand and gravel plant259 Views
- Obama wants 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' no mention of gas tax hike228 Views
- Responses to Obama's State of the Union address218 Views