Heavy/civil engineering hiring up, overall employment unchanged
The Associated General Contractors of America (AGC) Chief Economist Ken Simonson on June 6 reported that construction unemployment in total for May remained unchanged from April levels, but heavy and civil engineering construction firms, many of them responsible for highway and bridge projects, added 3,100 workers in May and 34,400 (4.2 percent) throughout12 months.
Non-seasonally adjusted construction unemployment stood at 16.3 percent for the month, down from 17.8 percent in April and 20.1 percent from the same time last year.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Cat introduces new track drill438 Views
- Mike Rowe talks about the dirty topic of educating future workers419 Views
- Caterpillar highlights equipment and connectivity at ConExpo-Con/Agg333 Views
- McLanahan Rolls Out Four Key Products204 Views
- Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award193 Views