Heavy/civil engineering hiring up, overall employment unchanged
The Associated General Contractors of America (AGC) Chief Economist Ken Simonson on June 6 reported that construction unemployment in total for May remained unchanged from April levels, but heavy and civil engineering construction firms, many of them responsible for highway and bridge projects, added 3,100 workers in May and 34,400 (4.2 percent) throughout12 months.
Non-seasonally adjusted construction unemployment stood at 16.3 percent for the month, down from 17.8 percent in April and 20.1 percent from the same time last year.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA Alert: Electrical Safety382 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Caterpillar’s 988K wheel loader196 Views
- Komatsu's WA1200-6 wheel loader offers more horsepower, lower costs190 Views
- U.S. aggregates production rises in Q3 2013187 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Dust Control Technology’s DustBoss DB-100117 Views