Heavy/civil engineering hiring up, overall employment unchanged
The Associated General Contractors of America (AGC) Chief Economist Ken Simonson on June 6 reported that construction unemployment in total for May remained unchanged from April levels, but heavy and civil engineering construction firms, many of them responsible for highway and bridge projects, added 3,100 workers in May and 34,400 (4.2 percent) throughout12 months.
Non-seasonally adjusted construction unemployment stood at 16.3 percent for the month, down from 17.8 percent in April and 20.1 percent from the same time last year.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger452 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources441 Views
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities373 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register368 Views
- Atlanta turning quarry into one of America's largest reservoirs358 Views