Helena Sand and Gravel builds pedestrian access tunnel on I-15 in Montana
Helena Sand and Gravel, based in Helena, Montana, has been working to build a pedestrian access tunnel on Interstate 15 between Helena and Montana City, according to a report form Beartooth NBC.
At the request of the Montana Department of Transportation (MDT), Helena Sand and Gravel is constructing the tunnel under the interstate. The finished tunnel will connect Broadway Street to the street behind MDT headquarters.
The company is also working on a trail to connect the tunnel near MDT headquarters to the sidewalk beside Highway 12.
The project is expected to be completed by mid-September.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Rock & Run 2014 was full of fun for everyone628 Views
- Mine expansion leaving MnDOT up a creek without a paddle372 Views
- OSHA cites Nebraska sand and gravel company345 Views
- How to stay safe while working with a small or short-handed crew159 Views
- The Underground World Wide Web: A new use for abandoned mines155 Views