Helena Sand and Gravel builds pedestrian access tunnel on I-15 in Montana
Helena Sand and Gravel, based in Helena, Montana, has been working to build a pedestrian access tunnel on Interstate 15 between Helena and Montana City, according to a report form Beartooth NBC.
At the request of the Montana Department of Transportation (MDT), Helena Sand and Gravel is constructing the tunnel under the interstate. The finished tunnel will connect Broadway Street to the street behind MDT headquarters.
The company is also working on a trail to connect the tunnel near MDT headquarters to the sidewalk beside Highway 12.
The project is expected to be completed by mid-September.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a virtual tour of Unimin's underground operation in Guion, Ark.2392 Views
- Quarry blast leaves huge holes in nearby home928 Views
- When gravel doesn't bond with resurfacing substance...576 Views
- How to become a more productive worker314 Views
- PHOTOS: Check out the fun of Fertile Days at Fertile Quarry303 Views