Helena Sand and Gravel builds pedestrian access tunnel on I-15 in Montana
Helena Sand and Gravel, based in Helena, Montana, has been working to build a pedestrian access tunnel on Interstate 15 between Helena and Montana City, according to a report form Beartooth NBC.
At the request of the Montana Department of Transportation (MDT), Helena Sand and Gravel is constructing the tunnel under the interstate. The finished tunnel will connect Broadway Street to the street behind MDT headquarters.
The company is also working on a trail to connect the tunnel near MDT headquarters to the sidewalk beside Highway 12.
The project is expected to be completed by mid-September.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs716 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries283 Views
- Cat 6015B hydraulic shovel offers increased power, more loading capacity222 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law218 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding213 Views