Hino Trucks: Diesel, diesel-electric hybrid powertrain trucks out this fall
Hino Trucks new Class 5 195 and 195h COE trucks will be arriving at Hino dealerships across the country this fall. Available with a diesel (195) or diesel-electric hybrid (195 horsepower) powertrain, the 19,500 GVW trucks feature 210 horsepower and 440 lb-ft of torque from Hino’s 5-liter J05E Series engine. The first diesel cabover trucks were set to arrive at Hino dealers in August. Due to a limited supply of initial diesel-electric hybrid cab-over trucks, the release of these vehicles will begin in the state of California in September. As more products become available in early 2013, a staged roll out for the remaining markets will be implemented.
Both COE models feature an ergonomically friendly wide cab with a North American standard 33-inch frame rail width, a 56,900 psi frame, and a standard center mounted rear fuel tank. The cab’s styling emphasizes aerodynamics and visibility with an angled windshield, narrow pillars and rounded-radius curves. Inside, the new cab uses its increased width to provide room for drivers up to 6 feet, 6 inches tall, seating for three and a versatile mobile workspace with a variety of organizational storage options. In addition to a Diesel-Electric Hybrid option, the 195 model meets EPA 2010 emission regulations by using an optimized SCR system – with no credits required.
From our partners
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities424 Views
- Loader operator dies after sand avalanche at Massachusetts sand and gravel company412 Views
- A total of 27 states have sued the Obama administration over the new EPA water rule393 Views
- Location is key for Dolese Bros. Co.'s Davis Quarry376 Views
- House subcommittee proposes budget cuts for MSHA and OSHA230 Views