Hino Trucks named 2011 Medium-Duty Commercial Truck of the Year
Hino Trucks 338 model took home the 2011 Medium Duty Commercial Truck of the Year award, the second year in a row that the American Truck Dealers (ATD) division of the NADA has recognized Hino with this honor. In 2010, Hino’s 268 model received the same accolade in 2010.
The trucks were judged on innovation, design, fuel economy, driver and owner satisfaction, ease of maintenance and safety.
“We congratulate Hino Motors Sales U.S.A. and all of the nominees for participating in this year’s ATD Commercial Truck of the Year competition,” said Dick Witcher, ATD convention chairman, in a written statement. “The award competition, which honors the top medium- and heavy-duty trucks sold in the United States, continues to grow. We look forward to hosting the competition next year during the convention in Las Vegas.”
The judging panel consists of journalists from leading truck publications in North America.
“We are honored and thrilled to have won the ATD Medium Duty truck of the Year Award for the second consecutive year,” said Sumio Fukaya, president and CEO of Hino Trucks. “
We strive to make the world a better place to live by helping people and goods get where they need to go — safely, economically and with environmental responsibility – while focusing on sustainable development. It brings us great satisfaction to see that our efforts are meeting the expectation of the industry.”
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers294 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger145 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park144 Views