Holcim acquires 16 ready-mix, aggregate operations from Lafarge
Holcim,, together with an unnamed partner, acquired eight aggregates operations and four ready-mix concrete plants in Alsace (France) and four ready-mix concrete plants in the Basle area (Switzerland) from Lafarge as of January 2011.
This strategically attractive acquisition will allow Holcim (Schweiz) AG and Holcim (France) s.a.s to better supply customers in these markets.
The acquisition serves to secure high-quality aggregates reserves in this attractive economic area, Holcim notes in a written press statement. As some gravel pits are located directly on the river Rhine, Holcim says that it will be able to supply gravel and sand by ship not only to Switzerland and South Germany, but also to Luxemburg and The Netherlands.
Holcim is known as one of the world’s leading suppliers of cement and aggregates as well as further activities such as ready-mix concrete and asphalt, including services. The Group holds majority and minority interests in around 70 countries on all continents
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success630 Views
- Miner seriously injured after articulated haul truck overturned555 Views
- Aggregates industry leader Bob Bartlett dies509 Views
- Obama says now is time to raise gas tax with oil prices plummeting465 Views
- LafargeHolcim is considering selling Lafarge India290 Views