Holcim acquires 16 ready-mix, aggregate operations from Lafarge
Holcim,, together with an unnamed partner, acquired eight aggregates operations and four ready-mix concrete plants in Alsace (France) and four ready-mix concrete plants in the Basle area (Switzerland) from Lafarge as of January 2011.
This strategically attractive acquisition will allow Holcim (Schweiz) AG and Holcim (France) s.a.s to better supply customers in these markets.
The acquisition serves to secure high-quality aggregates reserves in this attractive economic area, Holcim notes in a written press statement. As some gravel pits are located directly on the river Rhine, Holcim says that it will be able to supply gravel and sand by ship not only to Switzerland and South Germany, but also to Luxemburg and The Netherlands.
Holcim is known as one of the world’s leading suppliers of cement and aggregates as well as further activities such as ready-mix concrete and asphalt, including services. The Group holds majority and minority interests in around 70 countries on all continents
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger456 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources445 Views
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities398 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register370 Views
- Loader operator dies after sand avalanche at Massachusetts sand and gravel company359 Views