Holcim acquires 16 ready-mix, aggregate operations from Lafarge
Holcim,, together with an unnamed partner, acquired eight aggregates operations and four ready-mix concrete plants in Alsace (France) and four ready-mix concrete plants in the Basle area (Switzerland) from Lafarge as of January 2011.
This strategically attractive acquisition will allow Holcim (Schweiz) AG and Holcim (France) s.a.s to better supply customers in these markets.
The acquisition serves to secure high-quality aggregates reserves in this attractive economic area, Holcim notes in a written press statement. As some gravel pits are located directly on the river Rhine, Holcim says that it will be able to supply gravel and sand by ship not only to Switzerland and South Germany, but also to Luxemburg and The Netherlands.
Holcim is known as one of the world’s leading suppliers of cement and aggregates as well as further activities such as ready-mix concrete and asphalt, including services. The Group holds majority and minority interests in around 70 countries on all continents
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA Alert: Electrical Safety398 Views
- U.S. aggregates production rises in Q3 2013202 Views
- Komatsu's WA1200-6 wheel loader offers more horsepower, lower costs184 Views
- Five Holcim plants receive EPA Energy Star for energy efficiency132 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Dust Control Technology’s DustBoss DB-100124 Views