Holcim acquires 16 ready-mix, aggregate operations from Lafarge
Holcim,, together with an unnamed partner, acquired eight aggregates operations and four ready-mix concrete plants in Alsace (France) and four ready-mix concrete plants in the Basle area (Switzerland) from Lafarge as of January 2011.
This strategically attractive acquisition will allow Holcim (Schweiz) AG and Holcim (France) s.a.s to better supply customers in these markets.
The acquisition serves to secure high-quality aggregates reserves in this attractive economic area, Holcim notes in a written press statement. As some gravel pits are located directly on the river Rhine, Holcim says that it will be able to supply gravel and sand by ship not only to Switzerland and South Germany, but also to Luxemburg and The Netherlands.
Holcim is known as one of the world’s leading suppliers of cement and aggregates as well as further activities such as ready-mix concrete and asphalt, including services. The Group holds majority and minority interests in around 70 countries on all continents
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- U.S. Concrete purchases a New Jersey aggregate operation388 Views
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest372 Views
- Thieves derail train in Mexico to steal 70 tons of cement340 Views
- MSHA gives out $8.4 million to 47 states for mine safety and health training334 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company295 Views