Holcim focuses on leadership development
A number of leadership changes are taking place at Holcim (US). The company announced that its president and CEO, Bernard Terver, will join the Holcim Ltd Executive Committee. Holcim Ltd is the international parent company of Holcim (US).
As part of its “Holcim Leadership Journey,” an initiative which streamlines and strengthens operations, Terver will also assume responsibility for the new group region of North America (Holcim (US), Holcim Canada, Aggregate Industries (US), and the United Kingdom (Aggregate Industries UK).
Also moving up is Filiberto Ruiz, who will serve as deputy chief executive officer of Holcim (US) (HUS) and Aggregate Industries US (AIUS). Previously, he was senior vice president, sales and marketing for HUS.
Terver says the changes will reinforce the company’s commitment to customer excellence, as well as to the development of its employees as its next generation of leaders.
While many family businesses focus on succession planning, it’s great to see a public company talking about nurturing its own employees for future growth as well.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggregates Insider
Manufacturer news: Hlavinka Equipment opens Texas Hlavinda JCB division; Terex Washing Systems appoints new global sales director; Skelly and Loy promotes Aungst to VP of AMS; Luff Industries adds Riddell as territory manager; Caterpillar opens first Data Innovation Lab; Yokohama Tire Corp. will help build eco-friendly playground
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan Materials to meet August deadline for restoring eastern hillside of Azusa rock quarry476 Views
- MSHA issues serious non-fatal accident alert, best practices in response to water truck accident452 Views
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry318 Views
- Excavator explodes into flames after engine malfunction on New York jobsite (VIDEO)279 Views
- Eric Olsen appointed future CEO of Lafarge Holcim merger254 Views