Holcim portland cement plant installs 528 solar panels for power
Holcim’s portland cement plant has installed 528 solar panels that produce nearly 156,201 kilowatts of power each hour at its portland plant, according to an ARI report.
The company took a year and a half to plan and install the solar panels and is the first in the United States to use solar panels to help power the plant, according to the report.
The use of solar panels will benefit the environment as it prevents an estimated 301,000 pounds of carbon dioxide emissions per year.
Installation of the solar panels isn’t the only alternative power source that Holcim uses. The company also uses alternative fuels such as car tires to help heat the plant’s kilns, according to the ARI report.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry744 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets550 Views
- MSHA files more discrimination complaints in 2014 than any other year302 Views
- Caterpillar full-year earnings dip with bad 4Q; 2015 doesn't look good either282 Views
- A. Colarusso and Son acquires Holcim land in NY135 Views