Holcim portland cement plant installs 528 solar panels for power
Holcim’s portland cement plant has installed 528 solar panels that produce nearly 156,201 kilowatts of power each hour at its portland plant, according to an ARI report.
The company took a year and a half to plan and install the solar panels and is the first in the United States to use solar panels to help power the plant, according to the report.
The use of solar panels will benefit the environment as it prevents an estimated 301,000 pounds of carbon dioxide emissions per year.
Installation of the solar panels isn’t the only alternative power source that Holcim uses. The company also uses alternative fuels such as car tires to help heat the plant’s kilns, according to the ARI report.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand saves a construction worker's life502 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers345 Views
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 298 Views
- Mine pollution hurting fish habitats across America238 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts163 Views