Holcim portland cement plant installs 528 solar panels for power
Holcim’s portland cement plant has installed 528 solar panels that produce nearly 156,201 kilowatts of power each hour at its portland plant, according to an ARI report.
The company took a year and a half to plan and install the solar panels and is the first in the United States to use solar panels to help power the plant, according to the report.
The use of solar panels will benefit the environment as it prevents an estimated 301,000 pounds of carbon dioxide emissions per year.
Installation of the solar panels isn’t the only alternative power source that Holcim uses. The company also uses alternative fuels such as car tires to help heat the plant’s kilns, according to the ARI report.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Osama bin Laden's family buys famous marble quarry1922 Views
- Four workers survive getting buried alive at sand and gravel plant1166 Views
- 15 quarry trespassers arrested in Pennsylvania455 Views
- VIDEO: Worker dangles from excavator hammer 100 feet up451 Views
- VIDEO: Excavator water skiing the best way to cool off, get hurt in a mudhole329 Views