Holcim US Devil’s Slide facility surpasses eight-year mark with zero lost-time injuries
The company announced today that its Devil’s Slide facility located in Morgan, Utah, surpassed the eight year mark without a lost-time injury (LTI), an injury that requires the employee to take time off for recovery.
This is significant, especially given the black eye that the industry seems to always have. It shows that the aggregates mining industry is working hard and really DOES take safety seriously. Holcim has celebrated numerous LTI milestones this year.
“We congratulate the employees of our Devil’s Slide facility for their accomplishment and untiring attention to safety,” said Bernard Terver, president and CEO of Holcim (US) Inc. in a written statement from the company. “Our employees have shown great commitment to implementing our universal safety measures. We’re proud of what they have accomplished and look forward to continued excellence.”
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger454 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources443 Views
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities401 Views
- Loader operator dies after sand avalanche at Massachusetts sand and gravel company378 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register370 Views