Holcim US Devil’s Slide facility surpasses eight-year mark with zero lost-time injuries
The company announced today that its Devil’s Slide facility located in Morgan, Utah, surpassed the eight year mark without a lost-time injury (LTI), an injury that requires the employee to take time off for recovery.
This is significant, especially given the black eye that the industry seems to always have. It shows that the aggregates mining industry is working hard and really DOES take safety seriously. Holcim has celebrated numerous LTI milestones this year.
“We congratulate the employees of our Devil’s Slide facility for their accomplishment and untiring attention to safety,” said Bernard Terver, president and CEO of Holcim (US) Inc. in a written statement from the company. “Our employees have shown great commitment to implementing our universal safety measures. We’re proud of what they have accomplished and look forward to continued excellence.”
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program618 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas416 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents302 Views
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana277 Views
- Lafarge NA sells $450 million in assets to Summit Materials246 Views