Holcim US Devil’s Slide facility surpasses eight-year mark with zero lost-time injuries
The company announced today that its Devil’s Slide facility located in Morgan, Utah, surpassed the eight year mark without a lost-time injury (LTI), an injury that requires the employee to take time off for recovery.
This is significant, especially given the black eye that the industry seems to always have. It shows that the aggregates mining industry is working hard and really DOES take safety seriously. Holcim has celebrated numerous LTI milestones this year.
“We congratulate the employees of our Devil’s Slide facility for their accomplishment and untiring attention to safety,” said Bernard Terver, president and CEO of Holcim (US) Inc. in a written statement from the company. “Our employees have shown great commitment to implementing our universal safety measures. We’re proud of what they have accomplished and look forward to continued excellence.”
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- House of Representatives passes bill blocking EPA's new Waters of the U.S. rule400 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines390 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks361 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger348 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)318 Views