Holcim US Devil’s Slide facility surpasses eight-year mark with zero lost-time injuries
The company announced today that its Devil’s Slide facility located in Morgan, Utah, surpassed the eight year mark without a lost-time injury (LTI), an injury that requires the employee to take time off for recovery.
This is significant, especially given the black eye that the industry seems to always have. It shows that the aggregates mining industry is working hard and really DOES take safety seriously. Holcim has celebrated numerous LTI milestones this year.
“We congratulate the employees of our Devil’s Slide facility for their accomplishment and untiring attention to safety,” said Bernard Terver, president and CEO of Holcim (US) Inc. in a written statement from the company. “Our employees have shown great commitment to implementing our universal safety measures. We’re proud of what they have accomplished and look forward to continued excellence.”
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Metal and nonmetal mines get a total of 61 citations during August MSHA inspections459 Views
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest389 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company333 Views
- Frac sand 101: What does it take to enter the high-value frac sand market and what does it mean for aggregate producers?317 Views
- Tips for meeting MSHA's tougher criteria for workplace examinations308 Views