Holcim US Devil’s Slide facility surpasses eight-year mark with zero lost-time injuries
The company announced today that its Devil’s Slide facility located in Morgan, Utah, surpassed the eight year mark without a lost-time injury (LTI), an injury that requires the employee to take time off for recovery.
This is significant, especially given the black eye that the industry seems to always have. It shows that the aggregates mining industry is working hard and really DOES take safety seriously. Holcim has celebrated numerous LTI milestones this year.
“We congratulate the employees of our Devil’s Slide facility for their accomplishment and untiring attention to safety,” said Bernard Terver, president and CEO of Holcim (US) Inc. in a written statement from the company. “Our employees have shown great commitment to implementing our universal safety measures. We’re proud of what they have accomplished and look forward to continued excellence.”
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry612 Views
- A Game of Stones: Quarry set location of 'The Wall' in HBO show could become a permanent attraction512 Views
- The nation’s top 25 crushed stone producers420 Views
- A miner was seriously injured after a metal walkway gave way395 Views
- Summit Materials acquires Utah construction materials company384 Views