Holcim (US) helps Juan Diego Community Center upgrade facility
The Holcim (US) Inc. Chicago Skyway facility located in Chicago is helping the Juan Diego Community Center upgrade its facility. Employees have installed new flooring, painted walls, and have performed other light remodeling projects at the facility.
The Holcim (US) community service initiative, “Together for Communities,“ marks the centennial anniversary of its parent company, Holcim Ltd, and involves employees leading local volunteer projects.
The mission of Centro Comunitario Juan Diego is to promote positive social change in the South Chicago community, while serving those in need. The center accomplishes its mission by offering after-school tutoring to children, English classes, parenting classes, and computer classes to families in need. Additionally, the Center provides a food bank, a clothing program, assistance completing applications for utility programs, and assistance finding medical care to members of the South Chicago community.
“Employees at the Chicago Skyway facility have done a great job in recognizing a project that directly benefits their community,” said Bernard Terver, president and chief executive officer of Holcim (US). “The Juan Diego Community Center project aligns perfectly with the areas we are focused on, education, community, and infrastructure as part of our Together for Communities initiative.”
By helping upgrade the facility, Holcim employees hope to provide an improved atmosphere for visitors to the center and the many volunteers who work at the center. Another objective of the remodeling project is helping the center attract additional grant money that is needed to operate the non-profit center.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support179 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park165 Views
- NSSGA wants everyone to ask their representative to co-sponsor the Regulatory Integrity Protection Act (H.R. 1732) to stop proposed Waters of the U.S. rule130 Views
- MSHA invites all mine health and safety trainers to join its training call on April 29118 Views