Holcim (US) Inc. announces recipients of 28th Annual Gygi and von Wyss Foundation Scholarship
Holcim (US) (www.holcim.us) has named the five recipients of the 28th Annual Gygi and von Wyss Foundation Scholarship, an award open to children of Holcim (US) employees.
Winners of this year’s scholarship are Christopher Lumpkin, Fort Collins, Colo.; Wamika Kumar, Ada, Okla.; Samantha Yurjevic, Sylvania, Ohio; Hunter Morrical, Bozeman, Mont.; and Erin McConchie, Glendora, N.J.
“I’d like to congratulate each of the winners and thank all of the applicants who applied for this year’s award,” said Bernard Terver, president and chief executive officer of Holcim (US) Inc. “Selection this year was challenging due to the number of outstanding candidates. We wish each of them much success in their future pursuits.”
The Gygi and von Wyss Foundation Scholarship was established in 1983 to recognize the accomplishments of the children of Holcim employees. The award honors the memories of Hans Gygi and Marc R. von Wyss, two former leaders of Holcim and its predecessor companies.
Each winner will receive a financial scholarship worth $8,000 for the 2011-2012 academic year and will be eligible to continue receiving the scholarship for an additional three years based on continuous academic performance. Since the Foundation began 28 years ago, more than 100 children of Holcim employees have received the Gygi and Von Wyss Foundation Scholarship.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry638 Views
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter420 Views
- Summit Materials acquires Utah construction materials company391 Views
- MSHA issues 87 citations at six metal/nonmetal mines during July impact inspections264 Views
- A Game of Stones: Quarry set location of 'The Wall' in HBO show could become a permanent attraction226 Views