Holcim (US) Inc. announces recipients of 28th Annual Gygi and von Wyss Foundation Scholarship
Holcim (US) (www.holcim.us) has named the five recipients of the 28th Annual Gygi and von Wyss Foundation Scholarship, an award open to children of Holcim (US) employees.
Winners of this year’s scholarship are Christopher Lumpkin, Fort Collins, Colo.; Wamika Kumar, Ada, Okla.; Samantha Yurjevic, Sylvania, Ohio; Hunter Morrical, Bozeman, Mont.; and Erin McConchie, Glendora, N.J.
“I’d like to congratulate each of the winners and thank all of the applicants who applied for this year’s award,” said Bernard Terver, president and chief executive officer of Holcim (US) Inc. “Selection this year was challenging due to the number of outstanding candidates. We wish each of them much success in their future pursuits.”
The Gygi and von Wyss Foundation Scholarship was established in 1983 to recognize the accomplishments of the children of Holcim employees. The award honors the memories of Hans Gygi and Marc R. von Wyss, two former leaders of Holcim and its predecessor companies.
Each winner will receive a financial scholarship worth $8,000 for the 2011-2012 academic year and will be eligible to continue receiving the scholarship for an additional three years based on continuous academic performance. Since the Foundation began 28 years ago, more than 100 children of Holcim employees have received the Gygi and Von Wyss Foundation Scholarship.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA issues citations to five metal/non-metal mines during impact inspections in February442 Views
- Holcim shareholders threaten merger plans with Lafarge…again315 Views
- California woman killed when gravel truck tips over on her car210 Views
- Caterpillar intros 735C, 740C EJ, 745C articulated trucks with bevy of powertrain improvements (PHOTOS)189 Views
- The global competition for sand is a deadly war in India155 Views