Holcim (US) Midlothian facility celebrates centennial
The Holcim (US) Midlothian cement plant located in Midlothian, Texas, is participating in a year-long community service initiative marking the centennial of its parent company, Holcim Ltd. Holcim (US), one of the nation’s leading manufacturers and suppliers of cement and mineral components, celebrated the 100-year anniversary by participating in Together for Communities, an initiative in which employees lead local volunteer projects.
“The Midlothian facility has done a tremendous job in its response to Together for Communities,” said Filiberto Ruiz, deputy chief executive officer of Holcim (US), in a written statement. “I commend the employees for their efforts over the past year, particularly their initiative in recognizing specific needs in their community and planning projects to serve those needs.”
Midlothian employees participated in numerous projects throughout the year, with over 1,600 volunteer hours, that focused on addressing sustainability and hunger. Employees sponsored miles of highway through the Adopt a Highway Program and lent a helping hand at the Midlothian Senior Citizens Food Pantry. They also constructed a storage room for the food pantry at the Manna House and built a wooden walkway through a city park on land that was previously donated by Holcim.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 895 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life491 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers275 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts167 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning155 Views