Holcim’s Ada, Okla., plant receives business partner award
Holcim (US) Inc. (www.holcim.us) that its Ada plant, located in Ada, Okla., has been awarded the Outstanding Business Partner Award by East Central University of Ada, Okla.
This award recognizes and highlights institutions that have cultivated partnerships within their communities. The business partnership excellence award furthers a higher learning environment through State Regents’ Economic Development Grants.
“Holcim is committed to building and maintaining strong relationships with the communities in which we operate,” said Filiberto Ruiz, president and chief executive officer of Holcim (US), in a company press release. “I am proud of the Ada plant and its employees for being recognized by East Central as an outstanding business partner and look forward to their continued commitment to furthering that relationship.”
The plant will receive a grant of $500 each from the state and East Central University. The grants may be used for tuition waivers for employees, paid internships for current students, a faculty externship, or additional equipment, materials, or supplies. Holcim will receive a plaque of recognition to honor their outstanding partnership at an awards reception held in the spring.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers294 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger144 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park142 Views