Holcim’s Ada, Okla., plant receives business partner award
Holcim (US) Inc. (www.holcim.us) that its Ada plant, located in Ada, Okla., has been awarded the Outstanding Business Partner Award by East Central University of Ada, Okla.
This award recognizes and highlights institutions that have cultivated partnerships within their communities. The business partnership excellence award furthers a higher learning environment through State Regents’ Economic Development Grants.
“Holcim is committed to building and maintaining strong relationships with the communities in which we operate,” said Filiberto Ruiz, president and chief executive officer of Holcim (US), in a company press release. “I am proud of the Ada plant and its employees for being recognized by East Central as an outstanding business partner and look forward to their continued commitment to furthering that relationship.”
The plant will receive a grant of $500 each from the state and East Central University. The grants may be used for tuition waivers for employees, paid internships for current students, a faculty externship, or additional equipment, materials, or supplies. Holcim will receive a plaque of recognition to honor their outstanding partnership at an awards reception held in the spring.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry630 Views
- A Game of Stones: Quarry set location of 'The Wall' in HBO show could become a permanent attraction517 Views
- A miner was seriously injured after a metal walkway gave way424 Views
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter403 Views
- Summit Materials acquires Utah construction materials company390 Views