Holcim’s Ada, Okla., plant receives business partner award
Holcim (US) Inc. (www.holcim.us) that its Ada plant, located in Ada, Okla., has been awarded the Outstanding Business Partner Award by East Central University of Ada, Okla.
This award recognizes and highlights institutions that have cultivated partnerships within their communities. The business partnership excellence award furthers a higher learning environment through State Regents’ Economic Development Grants.
“Holcim is committed to building and maintaining strong relationships with the communities in which we operate,” said Filiberto Ruiz, president and chief executive officer of Holcim (US), in a company press release. “I am proud of the Ada plant and its employees for being recognized by East Central as an outstanding business partner and look forward to their continued commitment to furthering that relationship.”
The plant will receive a grant of $500 each from the state and East Central University. The grants may be used for tuition waivers for employees, paid internships for current students, a faculty externship, or additional equipment, materials, or supplies. Holcim will receive a plaque of recognition to honor their outstanding partnership at an awards reception held in the spring.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person1062 Views
- Martin Marietta mine among 18 cited during MSHA monthly inspection in April650 Views
- EPA releases final Waters of the U.S. rule, aggregates industry reacts358 Views
- Man dies after nearly 100-foot fall into quarry358 Views
- Vulcan Materials conducts blast for the 'Mayan steps' restoration339 Views