Holcim’s Ada, Okla., plant receives business partner award
Holcim (US) Inc. (www.holcim.us) that its Ada plant, located in Ada, Okla., has been awarded the Outstanding Business Partner Award by East Central University of Ada, Okla.
This award recognizes and highlights institutions that have cultivated partnerships within their communities. The business partnership excellence award furthers a higher learning environment through State Regents’ Economic Development Grants.
“Holcim is committed to building and maintaining strong relationships with the communities in which we operate,” said Filiberto Ruiz, president and chief executive officer of Holcim (US), in a company press release. “I am proud of the Ada plant and its employees for being recognized by East Central as an outstanding business partner and look forward to their continued commitment to furthering that relationship.”
The plant will receive a grant of $500 each from the state and East Central University. The grants may be used for tuition waivers for employees, paid internships for current students, a faculty externship, or additional equipment, materials, or supplies. Holcim will receive a plaque of recognition to honor their outstanding partnership at an awards reception held in the spring.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 20151563 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151047 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1015 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production700 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone409 Views