Holcim’s Holly Hill cement plant garners recognition
Holcim US Inc.‘s Holly Hill cement plant is in the final four among the small manufacturers category of the 2013 Silver Crescent Awards for Manufacturing Excellence, the Times and Democrat reports.
The Silver Crescent Award is touted as the most prestigious award a South Carolina manufacturer can receive. Holcim and three other companies — Cytec Industries Inc., Property Boss Solutions, and Meat Processing Co. Inc. will compete for the award.
Presented annually by the Silver Crescent Foundation, its partners, and the statewide manufacturing community, the award recognizes the most excellent manufacturing operations demonstrating superior performance in seven Crescents of Excellence — citizenship, employee engagement, customer satisfaction, environmental stewardship, innovation, financial performance, and commitment to longevity in South Carolina.
A national panel of expert judges is currently reviewing the finalists’ applications to determine winners.
Winners will be announced March 21.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)347 Views
- Quarry worker safety is a big deal in the U.S., but not everywhere in the world307 Views
- Historical aggregate landmark disappears into Lake Superior207 Views
- Caterpillar “Built For It” Trials video: Cat generator powers Lantern Festival in China’s Yuhu Village148 Views
- Aggregate production up 7 percent in 2014131 Views