Holcim’s Holly Hill cement plant garners recognition
Holcim US Inc.‘s Holly Hill cement plant is in the final four among the small manufacturers category of the 2013 Silver Crescent Awards for Manufacturing Excellence, the Times and Democrat reports.
The Silver Crescent Award is touted as the most prestigious award a South Carolina manufacturer can receive. Holcim and three other companies — Cytec Industries Inc., Property Boss Solutions, and Meat Processing Co. Inc. will compete for the award.
Presented annually by the Silver Crescent Foundation, its partners, and the statewide manufacturing community, the award recognizes the most excellent manufacturing operations demonstrating superior performance in seven Crescents of Excellence — citizenship, employee engagement, customer satisfaction, environmental stewardship, innovation, financial performance, and commitment to longevity in South Carolina.
A national panel of expert judges is currently reviewing the finalists’ applications to determine winners.
Winners will be announced March 21.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Cat introduces new track drill438 Views
- Mike Rowe talks about the dirty topic of educating future workers416 Views
- Caterpillar highlights equipment and connectivity at ConExpo-Con/Agg333 Views
- McLanahan Rolls Out Four Key Products204 Views
- Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award193 Views