Holcim’s Holly Hill cement plant garners recognition
Holcim US Inc.‘s Holly Hill cement plant is in the final four among the small manufacturers category of the 2013 Silver Crescent Awards for Manufacturing Excellence, the Times and Democrat reports.
The Silver Crescent Award is touted as the most prestigious award a South Carolina manufacturer can receive. Holcim and three other companies — Cytec Industries Inc., Property Boss Solutions, and Meat Processing Co. Inc. will compete for the award.
Presented annually by the Silver Crescent Foundation, its partners, and the statewide manufacturing community, the award recognizes the most excellent manufacturing operations demonstrating superior performance in seven Crescents of Excellence — citizenship, employee engagement, customer satisfaction, environmental stewardship, innovation, financial performance, and commitment to longevity in South Carolina.
A national panel of expert judges is currently reviewing the finalists’ applications to determine winners.
Winners will be announced March 21.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers293 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger142 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park142 Views