Holcim’s Holly Hill cement plant garners recognition
Holcim US Inc.‘s Holly Hill cement plant is in the final four among the small manufacturers category of the 2013 Silver Crescent Awards for Manufacturing Excellence, the Times and Democrat reports.
The Silver Crescent Award is touted as the most prestigious award a South Carolina manufacturer can receive. Holcim and three other companies — Cytec Industries Inc., Property Boss Solutions, and Meat Processing Co. Inc. will compete for the award.
Presented annually by the Silver Crescent Foundation, its partners, and the statewide manufacturing community, the award recognizes the most excellent manufacturing operations demonstrating superior performance in seven Crescents of Excellence — citizenship, employee engagement, customer satisfaction, environmental stewardship, innovation, financial performance, and commitment to longevity in South Carolina.
A national panel of expert judges is currently reviewing the finalists’ applications to determine winners.
Winners will be announced March 21.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs750 Views
- Kelly Bailey named 2015 AggMan of the Year364 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries315 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law224 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs212 Views