Holcim’s Holly Hill cement plant garners recognition
Holcim US Inc.‘s Holly Hill cement plant is in the final four among the small manufacturers category of the 2013 Silver Crescent Awards for Manufacturing Excellence, the Times and Democrat reports.
The Silver Crescent Award is touted as the most prestigious award a South Carolina manufacturer can receive. Holcim and three other companies — Cytec Industries Inc., Property Boss Solutions, and Meat Processing Co. Inc. will compete for the award.
Presented annually by the Silver Crescent Foundation, its partners, and the statewide manufacturing community, the award recognizes the most excellent manufacturing operations demonstrating superior performance in seven Crescents of Excellence — citizenship, employee engagement, customer satisfaction, environmental stewardship, innovation, financial performance, and commitment to longevity in South Carolina.
A national panel of expert judges is currently reviewing the finalists’ applications to determine winners.
Winners will be announced March 21.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry646 Views
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter407 Views
- Summit Materials acquires Utah construction materials company391 Views
- MSHA issues 87 citations at six metal/nonmetal mines during July impact inspections256 Views
- A man died after his vehicle crashed into a quarry202 Views