Holt Cat slated to open Texas ProTech facility in September
Holt Cat, the Caterpillar equipment and engine dealer for South, Central, North and North East Texas, will hold a groundbreaking ceremony for its new ProTech facility location at the company’s San Antonio campus.
This new 10,651 square foot facility will be built to silver LEED standards designated by the U.S. Green Building Council. The building will enhance ProTech Trainings’ ability to deliver hands-on technical training and will include four teaching bays and a 2,100-square-foot engine troubleshooting lab.
This year, in addition to training Holt personnel, Holt ProTech is expected to train more than 1,600 Caterpillar dealer technicians. In past years, technicians from dealerships in North Carolina, California, Ohio, Alabama, Tennessee, Colorado and Canada have participated in ProTech programs. The average length of a technical course is three days with a majority of the Caterpillar-certified courses lasting five days.
Holt Cat says it expects to complete and open its new ProTech facility this September, according to a press release.
“Holt is investing in this new facility to demonstrate our commitment to providing enhanced service through employee training and development,” Allyn L. Archer, president and chief operating officer of Holt Cat, said in a written statement.
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs598 Views
- Caterpillar lays off hundreds more, announces plant closing in North Carolina365 Views
- Cat 6015B hydraulic shovel offers increased power, more loading capacity349 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law216 Views
- Drill rig operator freed after machine nearly rolls off cliff in Australia quarry (VIDEO)183 Views