Hours of operation could change for sand and gravel pits in Michigan’s Ironwood Township
Sand and gravel producers in the township of Ironwood, Mich., can expect a future change in hours of operation.
The Ironwood Township Board on Monday approved an amendment to an ordinance on sand and gravel pit hours of operation, The Daily Globe reports.
Under the ordinance, sand and gravel pits can operate from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. Mondays through Fridays and 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturdays.
However, those hours are likely to change again. The board is considering limiting operations on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., as well as implementing a ban on crushing on weekends, according to the report.
The township will hold a public hearing on the issue in about two weeks. The new hours of operation could be in place in the next two months.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- House of Representatives passes bill blocking EPA's new Waters of the U.S. rule398 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines380 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks354 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)298 Views
- Cat backs up claims of fuel efficiency with a guarantee224 Views