Hours of operation could change for sand and gravel pits in Michigan’s Ironwood Township
Sand and gravel producers in the township of Ironwood, Mich., can expect a future change in hours of operation.
The Ironwood Township Board on Monday approved an amendment to an ordinance on sand and gravel pit hours of operation, The Daily Globe reports.
Under the ordinance, sand and gravel pits can operate from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. Mondays through Fridays and 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturdays.
However, those hours are likely to change again. The board is considering limiting operations on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., as well as implementing a ban on crushing on weekends, according to the report.
The township will hold a public hearing on the issue in about two weeks. The new hours of operation could be in place in the next two months.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 20151551 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151037 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1011 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production693 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone409 Views