Hours of operation could change for sand and gravel pits in Michigan’s Ironwood Township
Sand and gravel producers in the township of Ironwood, Mich., can expect a future change in hours of operation.
The Ironwood Township Board on Monday approved an amendment to an ordinance on sand and gravel pit hours of operation, The Daily Globe reports.
Under the ordinance, sand and gravel pits can operate from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. Mondays through Fridays and 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturdays.
However, those hours are likely to change again. The board is considering limiting operations on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., as well as implementing a ban on crushing on weekends, according to the report.
The township will hold a public hearing on the issue in about two weeks. The new hours of operation could be in place in the next two months.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Metal and nonmetal mines get a total of 61 citations during August MSHA inspections453 Views
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest390 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company377 Views
- Frac sand 101: What does it take to enter the high-value frac sand market and what does it mean for aggregate producers?307 Views
- Tips for meeting MSHA's tougher criteria for workplace examinations279 Views