Hours of operation could change for sand and gravel pits in Michigan’s Ironwood Township
Sand and gravel producers in the township of Ironwood, Mich., can expect a future change in hours of operation.
The Ironwood Township Board on Monday approved an amendment to an ordinance on sand and gravel pit hours of operation, The Daily Globe reports.
Under the ordinance, sand and gravel pits can operate from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. Mondays through Fridays and 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturdays.
However, those hours are likely to change again. The board is considering limiting operations on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., as well as implementing a ban on crushing on weekends, according to the report.
The township will hold a public hearing on the issue in about two weeks. The new hours of operation could be in place in the next two months.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas416 Views
- A truck driver died at a cement plant in Missouri391 Views
- Lafarge NA sells $450 million in assets to Summit Materials266 Views
- Dolese Bros. spend millions to upgrade another facility in Oklahoma260 Views
- A 20-year-old died while swimming in a New York quarry233 Views