Hours of operation could change for sand and gravel pits in Michigan’s Ironwood Township
Sand and gravel producers in the township of Ironwood, Mich., can expect a future change in hours of operation.
The Ironwood Township Board on Monday approved an amendment to an ordinance on sand and gravel pit hours of operation, The Daily Globe reports.
Under the ordinance, sand and gravel pits can operate from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. Mondays through Fridays and 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturdays.
However, those hours are likely to change again. The board is considering limiting operations on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., as well as implementing a ban on crushing on weekends, according to the report.
The township will hold a public hearing on the issue in about two weeks. The new hours of operation could be in place in the next two months.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two miners killed after rock strikes boom truck930 Views
- Gamecocks get the win over Vulcan in battle for land623 Views
- How much fun can you handle? Quarry Quest 2014 Photos544 Views
- Rock quarry working through the night for Boeing 777X411 Views
- Excellent advice for roof control in underground mines197 Views