House approves $11 billion trust fund patch
With time –and money – running out, the House recognizes that immediate action is needed. It voted 367-55 to pass the measure. The Senate is also expected to pass the bill before it arrives on President Barack Obama’s desk.
All parties hope to have the legislation in place before payments from the fund to states begin to slow on Aug. 1.
“It’s time to act now,” House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp, a Michigan Republican, said during debate before the vote. “State transportation departments have already started delaying some projects.”
The plan passed by the House would pay for and extend current surface transportation repairs through May 31, 2015.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support179 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park163 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger148 Views
- Missouri man arrested for burglary of quarry and gun range113 Views