House approves $11 billion trust fund patch
With time –and money – running out, the House recognizes that immediate action is needed. It voted 367-55 to pass the measure. The Senate is also expected to pass the bill before it arrives on President Barack Obama’s desk.
All parties hope to have the legislation in place before payments from the fund to states begin to slow on Aug. 1.
“It’s time to act now,” House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp, a Michigan Republican, said during debate before the vote. “State transportation departments have already started delaying some projects.”
The plan passed by the House would pay for and extend current surface transportation repairs through May 31, 2015.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- The nation’s top 25 crushed stone producers564 Views
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry506 Views
- A Game of Stones: Quarry set location of 'The Wall' in HBO show could become a permanent attraction461 Views
- Summit Materials acquires Utah construction materials company318 Views
- A miner was seriously injured after a metal walkway gave way270 Views