House Democrats propose $5.5 billion bill for bridge repairs
House Democrats have introduced a bill to spend $5.5 billion on bridge repairs in the United States, our sister site, Better Roads, reported.
The proposed bill–the Strengthen and Fortify Existing Bridges (SAFE Bridges) Act–would affect more than 150,000 structurally deficient bridges.
Congress currently spends about $54 billion each year on transportation projects. However, many transportation advocates say that amount barely maintains the system and is not enough to fund future improvements.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- House of Representatives passes bill blocking EPA's new Waters of the U.S. rule400 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines389 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks361 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger353 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)316 Views