House Democrats propose $5.5 billion bill for bridge repairs
House Democrats have introduced a bill to spend $5.5 billion on bridge repairs in the United States, our sister site, Better Roads, reported.
The proposed bill–the Strengthen and Fortify Existing Bridges (SAFE Bridges) Act–would affect more than 150,000 structurally deficient bridges.
Congress currently spends about $54 billion each year on transportation projects. However, many transportation advocates say that amount barely maintains the system and is not enough to fund future improvements.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA issues citations to five metal/non-metal mines during impact inspections in February446 Views
- Holcim shareholders threaten merger plans with Lafarge…again320 Views
- California woman killed when gravel truck tips over on her car210 Views
- Caterpillar intros 735C, 740C EJ, 745C articulated trucks with bevy of powertrain improvements (PHOTOS)171 Views
- Trinity Materials' Indian Village Plant is diggin’ Cajun style170 Views