House Democrats propose $5.5 billion bill for bridge repairs
House Democrats have introduced a bill to spend $5.5 billion on bridge repairs in the United States, our sister site, Better Roads, reported.
The proposed bill–the Strengthen and Fortify Existing Bridges (SAFE Bridges) Act–would affect more than 150,000 structurally deficient bridges.
Congress currently spends about $54 billion each year on transportation projects. However, many transportation advocates say that amount barely maintains the system and is not enough to fund future improvements.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Man hit by front-end loader dies in quarry accident1287 Views
- PHOTOS: Rare prehistoric mammoth found at sand and gravel pit1044 Views
- What should be done with this big pile of sand?696 Views
- Watch this: Dredging at Teichert's Hallwood Plant533 Views
- North America sand market to see big growth494 Views