House Democrats propose $5.5 billion bill for bridge repairs
House Democrats have introduced a bill to spend $5.5 billion on bridge repairs in the United States, our sister site, Better Roads, reported.
The proposed bill–the Strengthen and Fortify Existing Bridges (SAFE Bridges) Act–would affect more than 150,000 structurally deficient bridges.
Congress currently spends about $54 billion each year on transportation projects. However, many transportation advocates say that amount barely maintains the system and is not enough to fund future improvements.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Rock & Run 2014 was full of fun for everyone628 Views
- Mine expansion leaving MnDOT up a creek without a paddle372 Views
- OSHA cites Nebraska sand and gravel company345 Views
- The Underground World Wide Web: A new use for abandoned mines155 Views
- Majority of construction firms can't find skilled workers127 Views