House OKs $15 billion jobs bill, Senate to vote on amendments March 16
Congressional Democrats made headway on their top legislative priority — job creation — when the House of Representatives approved a $15 billion package of tax credits and highway construction. The 217-to-201 vote gave Democrats a much-needed victory after weeks of delay caused by Republican tactics, a record-setting snowstorm, and internal bickering. More job-creation efforts are in the pipeline, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, a Democrat, said.
The Senate has already passed the legislation, but it was amended by the House and now goes back to the Senate for another vote set for Tuesday, March 16. The highway program is currently operating under a 30-day extension. For bill provisions previously passed by the House and Senate, which were not the subject of any changes made by the House, are the following, according to the National Stone, Sand and Gravel Association (NSSGA):
Section 179 Expensing: Helps small businesses grow by allowing them to write off more of their expenditures.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest377 Views
- Metal and nonmetal mines get a total of 61 citations during August MSHA inspections345 Views
- Frac sand 101: What does it take to enter the high-value frac sand market and what does it mean for aggregate producers?340 Views
- MSHA gives out $8.4 million to 47 states for mine safety and health training331 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company322 Views