How bad is the tax ‘bite’ out of your paycheck now?
A temporary cut in Social Security withholdings has given us hundreds of extra dollars to spend throughout the past two years.
However, this tax break has now expired and Social Security taxes have reverted back to 6.2 percent of our salary from the temporary 4.2 percent that it was during the tax break.
According to a Yahoo! Finance report, this cut in our paychecks “threatens to put a drag on economic growth.”
What is this going to mean for you and/or your family? (I’d love to hear your comments! You can post them on our Facebook page — you don’t have to be a member of Facebook to view the page — at www.Facebook.com/BetterRoadsmagazine.)
To lighten the mood a little and give you a little music to jam to this morning, here’s Donna Summer’s video, “She Works Hard for the Money.”
MORE FROM Aggregates Insider
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151090 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production756 Views
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success592 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone425 Views
- Obama says now is time to raise gas tax with oil prices plummeting388 Views