How bad is the tax ‘bite’ out of your paycheck now?
A temporary cut in Social Security withholdings has given us hundreds of extra dollars to spend throughout the past two years.
However, this tax break has now expired and Social Security taxes have reverted back to 6.2 percent of our salary from the temporary 4.2 percent that it was during the tax break.
According to a Yahoo! Finance report, this cut in our paychecks “threatens to put a drag on economic growth.”
What is this going to mean for you and/or your family? (I’d love to hear your comments! You can post them on our Facebook page — you don’t have to be a member of Facebook to view the page — at www.Facebook.com/BetterRoadsmagazine.)
To lighten the mood a little and give you a little music to jam to this morning, here’s Donna Summer’s video, “She Works Hard for the Money.”
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggregates Insider
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 881 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life460 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers210 Views
- Martin Marietta gives thousands to charity during the holidays188 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts164 Views