Idaho Sand and Gravel requests extension to conditional use permit
Idaho Sand and Gravel wants an extension to its six-month conditional use permit for its operation in Meridian City, Idaho, KBOI2 reports.
In April, the city’s Planning and Zoning Commission granted the six-month permit, requiring the company to have the area reclaimed by November 1. At that time, Idaho Sand and Gravel wanted an 18-month permit, but the commission denied the company’s request.
Now, Idaho Sand and Gravel is again requesting the commission extend the permit to 18 months.
Several city residents are opposing the extension, citing dust as a major concern.
The commission could address the request as early as Tuesday.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs717 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries288 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law219 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding219 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs208 Views