Idaho Sand and Gravel requests extension to conditional use permit
Idaho Sand and Gravel wants an extension to its six-month conditional use permit for its operation in Meridian City, Idaho, KBOI2 reports.
In April, the city’s Planning and Zoning Commission granted the six-month permit, requiring the company to have the area reclaimed by November 1. At that time, Idaho Sand and Gravel wanted an 18-month permit, but the commission denied the company’s request.
Now, Idaho Sand and Gravel is again requesting the commission extend the permit to 18 months.
Several city residents are opposing the extension, citing dust as a major concern.
The commission could address the request as early as Tuesday.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 20151551 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151035 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1007 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production685 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone391 Views