Idaho Sand and Gravel seeks permit extension for Meridian site
Idaho Sand and Gravel is seeking a permit extension that would allow the company to continue operating at its site in Meridian, Idaho, according to a report from KTVB.
The current permit is set to expire April 4, and the company wants to operate at the site for 18 more months.
Some neighbors are concerned about noise and dust control. To address neighbor concerns, Idaho Sand and Gravel told KTVB that it plans to limit crushing activity to 60 days and trucking activity to 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. The company also said it “will continue to suppress dust on the road and piles on site with water trucks.”
Meridian officials will likely decide in May whether to grant the permit extension.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program600 Views
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana415 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas399 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents295 Views
- NEAR MISS: Miner severely injured after he was electrocuted210 Views