Idaho Sand and Gravel seeks permit extension for Meridian site
Idaho Sand and Gravel is seeking a permit extension that would allow the company to continue operating at its site in Meridian, Idaho, according to a report from KTVB.
The current permit is set to expire April 4, and the company wants to operate at the site for 18 more months.
Some neighbors are concerned about noise and dust control. To address neighbor concerns, Idaho Sand and Gravel told KTVB that it plans to limit crushing activity to 60 days and trucking activity to 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. The company also said it “will continue to suppress dust on the road and piles on site with water trucks.”
Meridian officials will likely decide in May whether to grant the permit extension.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs716 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries283 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law219 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs194 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding192 Views