Idaho Sand and Gravel to end operations at Meridian site by November
Idaho Sand and Gravel will end operations at its site in Meridian, Idaho in the next six months.
The company requested a permit extension last month that would have allowed the site to continue operating for 18 months after its current permit expired on April 4.
However, the city’s Planning and Zoning Commission rejected the 18-month extension, KTVB reports. Instead, the commission granted a six-month permit, ordered the company to cease rock crushing and excavating at the site, and required the company to haul all material away from the site and have the area reclaimed by November 1.
The site has been in operation for three years, and the report notes that Idaho Sand and Gravel tried to address neighbor complaints at public meetings before the commission made its decision.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Worker airlifted to hospital after accident with rock crusher526 Views
- Cat rolls out its 6020B hydraulic shovel, matches 777G haul trucks364 Views
- Unexpected sand and gravel causes rollover accident344 Views
- Buffalo Crushed Stone cited for pollution173 Views
- Eliminate the fat and increase profits through lean processing162 Views