IL Tollway 2012 tentative budget: $607 million for capital projects
The Tollway has made extensive efforts to reduce maintenance and operating costs in 2011. The 2012 Tentative Budget reduces utility expenditures by about $1 million due to efforts to reduce energy consumption and enhance energy efficiency and reduces insurance costs by more than $1 million. Further, the Tollway is maintaining its current head count of 1,598 employees, while preparing to take on the largest capital program in the agency’s history.
“This is a responsible budget that demonstrates how the Tollway is dedicated to maximizing operating efficiencies and minimizing costs,” said Illinois Tollway Board Chair Paula Wolff. “The Board is committed to increasing transparency and accountability and being open and honest about how our customers’ tolls are spent. We look forward to hearing their thoughts on this budget plan.”
A copy of the 2012 tentative budget is posted on the Tollway’s Web site at www.illinoistollway.com and may be requested by contacting the Illinois Tollway at 630-241-6800. Comments may be mailed to 2700 Ogden Avenue, Downers Grove, IL 60515, or submitted via the Tollway’s Web site.
In addition, the Tollway is offering the following ways for members of the general public to participate in its budget process:
- Public Hearing – On Tuesday, Nov. 15, at 6 p.m., the Tollway will hold a public hearing at its headquarters at 2700 Ogden Avenue in Downers Grove. The public is invited to attend in person or participate in a live Web cast hosted on the Tollway’s website at www.illinoistollway.com. Public comment will be accepted at the hearing, orally or in writing, as well as via the webcast. Participants attending via the webcast can send their comments to be read by the moderator during the hearing or request the virtual comment be submitted as a written comment.
- Open House – On Wednesday, Nov. 16, from 3 p.m. – 6 p.m. the Tollway will host an open house at the Chicago Southland Lincoln Oasis on the Tri-State Tollway (I-294/I-80) in South Holland. The open house format will allow the public to view displays and a budget overview and ask questions of representatives from the Illinois Tollway. Public comment will be accepted in writing or can be shared orally for the record with a court reporter.
- Webinar – The Tollway will offer a virtual presentation of the 2012 tentative budget to allow the public to access the agency’s financial information at their convenience. The Webinar will be posted on the Tollway’s website and features video with the 2012 tentative budget PowerPoint presentation.
After the Board of Directors has reviewed the public comments and any changes have been incorporated, a final budget will be presented for approval by the Board of Directors at its Dec. 15 board meeting.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve513 Views
- North Carolina grants Martin Marietta water quality certification for limestone quarry248 Views
- Americans consume 3 million pounds of minerals in a lifetime241 Views
- Vulcan shareholders reject board changes at annual meeting186 Views
- Vulcan-blocking bill dies in Alabama legislature146 Views