Illegal dumping at quarry attracting bears
The mayor of Botwood, a town in Canada, is getting fed up with people illegally dumping trash in a local rock quarry. The garbage is attracting bears and coyotes to the area, which is right by a main highway, a popular park and a swimming hole.
People have been dumping all sorts of trash in the quarry including moose carcasses and household waste.
Because bears are a danger to everyone in the area, the Mayor wants the provincial government to step in and start handing down hefty fines to anyone caught dumping at the site.
Although some bears can be quite cute, wildlife officials want you to avoid the dangerous animals at all costs. If you encounter a bear in the wild, stay calm, back away slowly – do not run – and always avoid eye contact with the animal.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- House of Representatives passes bill blocking EPA's new Waters of the U.S. rule398 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines377 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks341 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)293 Views
- Cat backs up claims of fuel efficiency with a guarantee218 Views