Illegal dumping at quarry attracting bears
The mayor of Botwood, a town in Canada, is getting fed up with people illegally dumping trash in a local rock quarry. The garbage is attracting bears and coyotes to the area, which is right by a main highway, a popular park and a swimming hole.
People have been dumping all sorts of trash in the quarry including moose carcasses and household waste.
Because bears are a danger to everyone in the area, the Mayor wants the provincial government to step in and start handing down hefty fines to anyone caught dumping at the site.
Although some bears can be quite cute, wildlife officials want you to avoid the dangerous animals at all costs. If you encounter a bear in the wild, stay calm, back away slowly – do not run – and always avoid eye contact with the animal.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151090 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production756 Views
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success612 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone425 Views
- Obama says now is time to raise gas tax with oil prices plummeting388 Views