Illinois DOT launches new procurement Website
The Illinois Transportation (IDOT) has launched its Procurement Reform Website, which has been designed to give the public an overview of changes in the agency’s procurement process
Effective as of July 1, 2010, Public Act 96-795 and 96-920 became law. This law places new requirements on vendors and bidders seeking contracts with IDOT.
The Procurement Reform legislation affects myriad aspects of IDOT purchasing and contracting operations, from buying pencils to building bridges.
Construction Contracting, Architect and Engineer Consultant Procurements, Non-Construction Procurements, Emergency Procurements, Sole Source Procurements, Grants, and Procurement Communications have been impacted by the legislation.
The Website provides IDOT’s business partners with a high-level view of the functional changes under way at IDOT, including new restrictions on vendors, subcontractor requirements, transparency provisions and disclosures regarding lobbyists.
The site also provides insight into the changes that the legislation requires of IDOT and vendors or contractors seeking contracts with IDOT.
The legislation emphasizes accountability and transparency in the procurement of all goods and services, according to IDOT.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry630 Views
- A Game of Stones: Quarry set location of 'The Wall' in HBO show could become a permanent attraction517 Views
- A miner was seriously injured after a metal walkway gave way424 Views
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter403 Views
- Summit Materials acquires Utah construction materials company390 Views