Illinois govenor on passage of llinois Jobs Now! capital program reauthorization
Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn released a statement on June 23 regarding the passage of the Illinois Jobs Now! capital program re-authorization.
“The General Assembly took action today to keep the state’s biggest economic recovery program going, ensuring that thousands of workers stay on the job,” Quinn said in the written statement. “Today’s session was about jobs and capital, and I thank the legislative leaders and members of the General Assembly for passing a 12-month capital appropriations bill as I had asked of them.
“A capital construction program was one of the first priorities of my administration, and it is a key component of my plan to bring jobs and economic recovery to Illinois,” he continued. “The plan is Illinois’ first capital program in more than a decade, and it is expected to create more than 439,000 jobs over six years.”
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)1595 Views
- Hamm, Inc. receives reclamation award344 Views
- Brad Powell named IMAA 2014 “Miner of the Year”262 Views
- Opportunities for worker recruitment and retention169 Views
- Minnesota county considers a frac-sand mining ban127 Views