Illinois operator’s permit request is on hold
The Woodford County Board deferred a decision on Peoria Concrete Construction Co.‘s request for a special-use permit to mine farmland adjacent to its facility near Bayview Gardens. The Peoria Journal Star reports that a question on the language of the zoning code led to the delay. The zoning language delayed another permit request as well.
Peoria Concrete and its neighbors reached an agreement about the expansion in January, and the Woodford County Zoning Board of Appeals approved the agreement.
The Woodford County Board will hold a special meeting on Feb. 26
to consider both permits.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151073 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1031 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production749 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 2015673 Views
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success541 Views