Illinois operator’s permit request is on hold
The Woodford County Board deferred a decision on Peoria Concrete Construction Co.‘s request for a special-use permit to mine farmland adjacent to its facility near Bayview Gardens. The Peoria Journal Star reports that a question on the language of the zoning code led to the delay. The zoning language delayed another permit request as well.
Peoria Concrete and its neighbors reached an agreement about the expansion in January, and the Woodford County Zoning Board of Appeals approved the agreement.
The Woodford County Board will hold a special meeting on Feb. 26
to consider both permits.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Maryland man dies after becoming trapped in crushing machinery in asphalt plant430 Views
- MSHA issues citations to seven metal/non-metal mines during impact inspections in March350 Views
- MSHA invites all mine health and safety trainers to join its training call on April 29243 Views
- Three people injured, two seriously, at underground quarry in Pennsylvania216 Views
- Graniterock’s Engine No. 10 back on track at California State Railroad Museum168 Views