Illinois operator’s permit request is on hold
The Woodford County Board deferred a decision on Peoria Concrete Construction Co.‘s request for a special-use permit to mine farmland adjacent to its facility near Bayview Gardens. The Peoria Journal Star reports that a question on the language of the zoning code led to the delay. The zoning language delayed another permit request as well.
Peoria Concrete and its neighbors reached an agreement about the expansion in January, and the Woodford County Zoning Board of Appeals approved the agreement.
The Woodford County Board will hold a special meeting on Feb. 26
to consider both permits.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 791 Views
- Martin Marietta gives thousands to charity during the holidays188 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts159 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning142 Views
- Attention Congress: Two-thirds of jobs created by transportation investment occur in non-construction sectors121 Views