Illinois operator’s permit request is on hold
The Woodford County Board deferred a decision on Peoria Concrete Construction Co.‘s request for a special-use permit to mine farmland adjacent to its facility near Bayview Gardens. The Peoria Journal Star reports that a question on the language of the zoning code led to the delay. The zoning language delayed another permit request as well.
Peoria Concrete and its neighbors reached an agreement about the expansion in January, and the Woodford County Zoning Board of Appeals approved the agreement.
The Woodford County Board will hold a special meeting on Feb. 26
to consider both permits.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Caterpillar closes headquarters of global mining division, moves jobs to different facility1035 Views
- Metal and nonmetal mines get a total of 61 citations during August MSHA inspections488 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company378 Views
- Aggregate Industries worker discovers dead body in quarry316 Views
- Tips for meeting MSHA's tougher criteria for workplace examinations257 Views