Impressions of the aggregates industry
I’m the new online managing editor here at Aggregates Manager. I dove in headfirst last week with World of Asphalt and AGG1, where I had the opportunity to meet people in the industry and see up-close what the some of the major equipment looks like.
Probably the coolest thing I saw at the show was a Sandvik drill with its own pressure washer system and a remote control for tramming and for adding pipe to the pipe changer. I was still talking about it after I flew home on Thursday.
Anyway, I spent a good bit of my time at the show tweeting, sharing photos on Instagram, posting to AggBeat Online and simply learning about the industry. Many of those are things I plan to continue. I’ll also be posting to our Facebook page in the future.
As I mentioned before, this is all a learning process for me. If you think I’m missing some important news or if we’re not on your favorite social network, let me know and look into fixing that.
I can’t wait to learn more about this industry and share things with you.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggregates Insider
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 835 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life365 Views
- Martin Marietta gives thousands to charity during the holidays185 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts158 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning138 Views