Impressions of the aggregates industry
I’m the new online managing editor here at Aggregates Manager. I dove in headfirst last week with World of Asphalt and AGG1, where I had the opportunity to meet people in the industry and see up-close what the some of the major equipment looks like.
Probably the coolest thing I saw at the show was a Sandvik drill with its own pressure washer system and a remote control for tramming and for adding pipe to the pipe changer. I was still talking about it after I flew home on Thursday.
Anyway, I spent a good bit of my time at the show tweeting, sharing photos on Instagram, posting to AggBeat Online and simply learning about the industry. Many of those are things I plan to continue. I’ll also be posting to our Facebook page in the future.
As I mentioned before, this is all a learning process for me. If you think I’m missing some important news or if we’re not on your favorite social network, let me know and look into fixing that.
I can’t wait to learn more about this industry and share things with you.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggregates Insider
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)1631 Views
- Hamm, Inc. receives reclamation award345 Views
- Opportunities for worker recruitment and retention183 Views
- Quarry worker safety is a big deal in the U.S., but not everywhere in the world158 Views
- Minnesota county considers a frac-sand mining ban130 Views