Indiana appeals court denies quarry-blocking appeal
The Indiana Court of Appeals ruled in favor of Singleton Stone LLC in a suit to stop the company’s groundbreaking for a proposed limestone quarry near Lowell, Indiana, the Northwest Indiana Times reported.
In the suit, the owners of two farms adjacent to the quarry site challenged a 2010 decision from the Lake County Council to grant a zoning change allowing the quarry’s excavation. Ronald and Christy Hoffman and Sunnybrook Farm LLC claimed county officials denied them of procedural safeguards.
The appeals court ruled the owners didn’t have legal standing to challenge the decision.
Now Singleton Stone is waiting for a decision on a separate appeal before the company can move forward.
If the company receives a favorable ruling, it will request a drainage permit, which is the last step before construction begins. The quarry would be located on a 600-acre site near Interstate 65 and Ind. 2.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers294 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park154 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger147 Views