Industry groups to present St. Barbara’s Day Award
Industry members will honor Barbara A. Filas on Tuesday for her contributions to mining.
The Colorado Mining Association (CMA), the Denver Gold Group (DGG) and the Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration (SME) on Tuesday will host the 2013 St. Barbara’s Day Holiday Party, where Filas will recieve the St. Barbara’s Day Award.
CMA President Stuart A. Sanderson said the 25-year-old award honors an individual in the industry for his or her “outstanding contributions to mining over a career or lifetime.”
“The honor is a very special one, and Barb Filas is a truly well-qualified candidate, deserving of the honor named after the patron saint of mining,” Sanderson said.
Filas, a registered professional mining engineer with more than three decades of experience in the industry, is a past president of SME (the first woman to hold that position), former president of Geovic Mining, executive vice president of corporate development for Geovic and former president of Knight Piésold consulting engineers and environmental scientists.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: Hlavinka Equipment opens Texas Hlavinda JCB division; Terex Washing Systems appoints new global sales director; Skelly and Loy promotes Aungst to VP of AMS; Luff Industries adds Riddell as territory manager; Caterpillar opens first Data Innovation Lab; Yokohama Tire Corp. will help build eco-friendly playground
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan Materials to meet August deadline for restoring eastern hillside of Azusa rock quarry476 Views
- MSHA issues serious non-fatal accident alert, best practices in response to water truck accident452 Views
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry318 Views
- Excavator explodes into flames after engine malfunction on New York jobsite (VIDEO)279 Views
- Eric Olsen appointed future CEO of Lafarge Holcim merger254 Views