Industry groups to present St. Barbara’s Day Award
Industry members will honor Barbara A. Filas on Tuesday for her contributions to mining.
The Colorado Mining Association (CMA), the Denver Gold Group (DGG) and the Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration (SME) on Tuesday will host the 2013 St. Barbara’s Day Holiday Party, where Filas will recieve the St. Barbara’s Day Award.
CMA President Stuart A. Sanderson said the 25-year-old award honors an individual in the industry for his or her “outstanding contributions to mining over a career or lifetime.”
“The honor is a very special one, and Barb Filas is a truly well-qualified candidate, deserving of the honor named after the patron saint of mining,” Sanderson said.
Filas, a registered professional mining engineer with more than three decades of experience in the industry, is a past president of SME (the first woman to hold that position), former president of Geovic Mining, executive vice president of corporate development for Geovic and former president of Knight Piésold consulting engineers and environmental scientists.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability674 Views
- Vulcan makes several changes to its organizational structure541 Views
- Owner of rock quarry defends himself against park350 Views
- Caterpillar leadership sees changes, heads of mining and dealer support announce retirement 273 Views
- Officials wrongly closed frac sand mine238 Views