The Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries, Inc. (ISRI) will host a “Commodities Roundtable Forum,” Sept. 19 to 21, 2011, at the Hyatt Regency in Chicago. The forum will focus on the latest market trends, updates and outlooks for some of the most heavily traded commodities in the world.
The roundtable will feature forums on ferrous, nickel/stainless, rare earth and precious metals, plastics, copper and aluminum as well as a special roundtable discussion on “The Indeterminate Economy” which will focus on the key factors impacting commodities and the scrap industry at a time of economic uncertainty. Additionally, each day will feature commodities-related exhibits.
ISRI Chief Economist and Director of Commodities Joe Pickard said that both ISRI members and non-members can attend the widely anticipated forum, which features significant educational and networking opportunities.
Confirmed Panelists, Speakers and Moderators:
- Daniel C. Gascoyne, Executive Vice President, Recycling, Industrial Services of America
- Xiaobing Du, Vice President, Dongda Group (Dalian, China)
- Michelle Applebaum, Steel Market Intelligence
- Tim Hard, Director, The Steel Index
- Jason Schenker, President and Chief Economist, Prestige Economics
- Ken Simonson, Chief Economist, Associated General Contractors of America and Vice President, National Association for Business Economics
- Dr. Tassos Malliaris, Walter F. Mullady Professor of Economics and Finance, Loyola University Chicago
- Tim Shuttleworth, President and CEO, Eriez
- Matthew E. Heitmeier, Director of Non-Ferrous Marketing and International Trade, Louis Padnos Iron & Metal Company
- Tim Strelitz, President, California Metal-X
- Gary Curtis, President, Wise Recycling
- Ed Meir, Senior Commodity Analyst, MF Global
- Philip Karig, Managing Director, Mathelin Bay Associates
- Bob Bernstein, Partner, Vandenberg & Felix
- Patricia Moore, President and CEO, Moore Recycling
- Crag Cookson, Director of Sustainability and Recycling, The American Chemistry Council