Next year, Paris will once again host one of the largest construction industry trade shows in the world.
by Kerry Clines, Senior Editor
In April 2009, thousands of key players in the construction and construction materials industry will, once again, gather in Paris, France, for the International Exhibition of Equipment, Machinery, and Techniques for the Construction and Building Materials Industry, better known as Intermat. The trade show will take place Monday, April 20, through Saturday, April 25, at the Paris-Nord Villepinte Convention and Exhibition Centre. The hours of operation will be from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. each day.
More than 1,000 exhibitors from all over the world are expected to be on hand to showcase their products, equipment, and technology and answer any questions that visitors may have – making it a one-stop shopping event for those looking to purchase new items. Visitors from more than 100 countries are expected to reach more than 200,000 in number, providing the perfect opportunity for visitors to exchange information, discover new ideas, and make new friends.
Intermat identifies its past, and future, success with three core values: legitimacy, vision, and hospitality.
* Legitimacy – Intermat represents the entire industry, including the global leaders of equipment manufacturing. All business sectors are represented: Earthworks; Hoisting; Roads; Mines, Quarries, and Materials Treatments; Components, Equipment and Accessories; Concrete; Scaffolding; Casings; Drilling and Boring; Engineering; and more. A list of exhibitors from the United States and Canada can be found in the accompanying sidebar, North American Exhibitors. A complete up-to-date list of exhibitors can be found on Intermat’s official Web site, www.intermat.fr.
* Vision – Intermat offers a vision of the sector’s future by gathering key players from the entire industry, from equipment manufacturers to construction professionals. The show presents this vision through the new features being offered this year, which include the ECO-Public Works Showcase, changes to the Innovation Awards, the “Life on the Worksite” feature, and the Mines & Quarries program.
* Hospitality – Intermat is expanding its visitor hospitality services to include personalized orientations. E-badges are available online before the show. A Welcome Pack is available to help simplify travel to and from Paris, as well as accommodations while at the show.
New business sectors
In addition to the usual exhibit sectors, Intermat is introducing several new added-value initiatives in an effort to promote sectors with strong potential.
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve524 Views
- North Carolina grants Martin Marietta water quality certification for limestone quarry246 Views
- Road restrictions may stop quarry construction in Kentucky211 Views
- Bobcat breaks ground on $20 million Bismarck expansion110 Views
- Local police investigate copper wire theft in Oregon quarry108 Views