Next year, Paris will once again host one of the largest construction industry trade shows in the world.
by Kerry Clines, Senior Editor
In April 2009, thousands of key players in the construction and construction materials industry will, once again, gather in Paris, France, for the International Exhibition of Equipment, Machinery, and Techniques for the Construction and Building Materials Industry, better known as Intermat. The trade show will take place Monday, April 20, through Saturday, April 25, at the Paris-Nord Villepinte Convention and Exhibition Centre. The hours of operation will be from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. each day.
More than 1,000 exhibitors from all over the world are expected to be on hand to showcase their products, equipment, and technology and answer any questions that visitors may have – making it a one-stop shopping event for those looking to purchase new items. Visitors from more than 100 countries are expected to reach more than 200,000 in number, providing the perfect opportunity for visitors to exchange information, discover new ideas, and make new friends.
Intermat identifies its past, and future, success with three core values: legitimacy, vision, and hospitality.
* Legitimacy – Intermat represents the entire industry, including the global leaders of equipment manufacturing. All business sectors are represented: Earthworks; Hoisting; Roads; Mines, Quarries, and Materials Treatments; Components, Equipment and Accessories; Concrete; Scaffolding; Casings; Drilling and Boring; Engineering; and more. A list of exhibitors from the United States and Canada can be found in the accompanying sidebar, North American Exhibitors. A complete up-to-date list of exhibitors can be found on Intermat’s official Web site, www.intermat.fr.
* Vision – Intermat offers a vision of the sector’s future by gathering key players from the entire industry, from equipment manufacturers to construction professionals. The show presents this vision through the new features being offered this year, which include the ECO-Public Works Showcase, changes to the Innovation Awards, the “Life on the Worksite” feature, and the Mines & Quarries program.
* Hospitality – Intermat is expanding its visitor hospitality services to include personalized orientations. E-badges are available online before the show. A Welcome Pack is available to help simplify travel to and from Paris, as well as accommodations while at the show.
New business sectors
In addition to the usual exhibit sectors, Intermat is introducing several new added-value initiatives in an effort to promote sectors with strong potential.
* Mines & Quarries, Drilling and Boring – associations for quarry professionals will be grouped in a separate area at the show. The agenda includes quarry visits prior to the show and a special program for quarry professionals and buyers.
* Equipment, Components, and Accessories – these suppliers and major manufacturers, as well as their sub-contractors, will be located in a special sector.
* Handling and Logistics – this sector will bring together key players of this market.
For more information about the show, or to register for the event, go to the Intermat Web site, www.intermat.fr. Registration can be completed online or a registration form can be printed up, filled out, and faxed or mailed in.
Help with hotel reservations is available by contacting ATI at 46 rue Lauriston, 75016 Paris – France; telephone +33 (0)1 47 27 15 15; fax +33 (0)1 44 05 01 48; e-mail email@example.com; or go to www.ati-abotel.com.
North American Exhibitors
This list includes exhibitors from the United States and Canada.
American Augers, an Astec Co.
American Crane & Tractor
Association of Equipment Manufacturers
Astec Mobil Screens Inc.
Bergerat Monnoyeur – Caterpillar
Black Cat Blades LTD
BTI Breaker Technology, an Astec Co.
Costex Tractor Parts
Dux Machinery Corp.
Hensley Industrie Inc.
Hercules Sealing Products
KPI-JCI, an Astec Co.
Roadtec, an Astec Co.
Robbins Co., The
Rock & Dirt
Stanley Hydraulic Tools
Tei Rock Drills
Telsmith, an Astec Co.
VT Lee Boy, Inc.
From our partners
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers363 Views
- Mine pollution hurting fish habitats across America273 Views
- A Christmas Story -- It's a Clinker!243 Views
- Lehigh Hanson announces 2014 Quarry Life Award winners137 Views
- Caterpillar makes leadership changes, announces new CIO115 Views