Intermat 2012 exhibit spaces signals positive sign for show, industry
Despite the tough world economic times, positive growth forecasts and 90 percent of exhibit space sold eight months before the show are promising signs for INTERMAT 2012.This is positive for the transportation construction industry as well.
Worldwide growth in the construction machinery and equipment sector
The forecast for 2011, more favorable than for 2010, shows that the sector is recovering its dynamism, with growth anticipated to reach some 11 percent* this year. Emerging regions such as China, India and Latin America record sustained growth, stimulating the dynamics. These markets posted more than 10 percent growth, which very few European markets were able to boast for 2010. It now remains to be seen whether Europe will benefit from this good performance.
Growth in Europe
In the wake of the major crisis of 2009, the European construction equipment industry grew by some 18 percent in 2010.
Nonetheless, the picture differs from one country to the next: Germany is in excellent shape with 19 percent growth and the United Kingdom recorded +57 percent development for 2010! Conversely, Spain sustained losses of 19 percent in turnover and Italy saw its construction sales stagnate throughout the year.
A prelude to INTERMAT 2012: Pre-INTERMAT, Jan. 12-13, 2012
For two whole days, Pre-INTERMAT provides more than 150 exhibitors the opportunity to give a sneak preview of their news and innovations to more than 200 journalists from the world press. An exceptional conference, taking place during the two days of meetings, will assemble the three leading global construction groups in the Top 10, the FNTP Chairman and CEO, eminent European personalities and a world-renowned architect/town planner who will talk about the sector’s future competitiveness in terms of innovation, training and sustainability.
Innovation will be also be showcased with the Innovation Awards. For the very first time, a European jury will be formed of users and construction and rental company representatives.
INTERMAT 2012 will be a major event for all players in the construction industry, with the following:
- 375,000 sqm exhibition area, including a 20,000 sqm outdoor demonstration area
- 1,500 exhibitors, 67 percent of whom are international**
- 4 national pavilions: China, Korea, United Kingdom (including Northern Ireland) and USA
- More than 200,000 visitors expected, including 40 percent international visitors
“Eight months before INTERMAT 2012, we have excellent participation rates. Industrialists are showing confidence in their sector, which is a good omen for a business-inducing show. Moreover, the market is up to scratch and booming, with a stable number of jobs, especially in France, where 15,000 people work in the construction materials industry and 1,500 jobs are created every year,” Maryvonne Lanoë, exhibition manager, says in a written statement.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Caterpillar closes headquarters of global mining division, moves jobs to different facility578 Views
- Metal and nonmetal mines get a total of 61 citations during August MSHA inspections465 Views
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest389 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company370 Views
- Frac sand 101: What does it take to enter the high-value frac sand market and what does it mean for aggregate producers?319 Views