JCB backhoe breaks world record
JCB’s 3CX Backhoe Loader landed a place in The Guinness Book of World Records by completing a 26-day, 3,185-mile road trip across America. The “Backhoe Across America” fundraising journey beat the current world record for “The Longest Journey in an Excavator” by 600 miles.
Neil Smith, a JCB veteran, drove the updated JCB 3CX with support from a Backhoe Across America crew. He started in Tybee Island, Georgia, on March 26, carrying a bucket of East Coast sand.
During the journey, Smith and his crew made “pit stops” at JCB dealerships in eight cities to help raise awareness and funds for the American Red Cross Haiti Relief and Development Fund.
Smith spent 119.5 hours in the cab, averaging 27 mph. He ended the journey in Santa Monica, California, on April 20, where he dropped off the Tybee Island sand.
To see the journey and daily video logs, visit www.JCBforHaiti.com.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support179 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park166 Views
- MSHA invites all mine health and safety trainers to join its training call on April 29159 Views
- NSSGA wants everyone to ask their representative to co-sponsor the Regulatory Integrity Protection Act (H.R. 1732) to stop proposed Waters of the U.S. rule131 Views