JCB backhoe breaks world record
JCB’s 3CX Backhoe Loader landed a place in The Guinness Book of World Records by completing a 26-day, 3,185-mile road trip across America. The “Backhoe Across America” fundraising journey beat the current world record for “The Longest Journey in an Excavator” by 600 miles.
Neil Smith, a JCB veteran, drove the updated JCB 3CX with support from a Backhoe Across America crew. He started in Tybee Island, Georgia, on March 26, carrying a bucket of East Coast sand.
During the journey, Smith and his crew made “pit stops” at JCB dealerships in eight cities to help raise awareness and funds for the American Red Cross Haiti Relief and Development Fund.
Smith spent 119.5 hours in the cab, averaging 27 mph. He ended the journey in Santa Monica, California, on April 20, where he dropped off the Tybee Island sand.
To see the journey and daily video logs, visit www.JCBforHaiti.com.
MORE FROM Manufacturer and People News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mike Rowe talks about the dirty topic of educating future workers428 Views
- McLanahan Rolls Out Four Key Products226 Views
- Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award198 Views
- MSHA Assistant Secretary of Labor Main updates NSSGA on recent agency actions194 Views
- NSSGA debuts its new strategic plan172 Views