John Deere adds four models to K-Series crawler dozer line
John Deere is adding four models to the K-Series crawler dozer line. The 550K, 650K, 700K, and 750K crawler dozers build off the 850K that launched in 2011. A John Deere PowerTech 6.8-L (700K, 750K) or 4.5-L (550K, 650K) Tier 4 Interim (IT4) diesel engine provides an increase in horsepower from the previous J-Series, along with increases in overall tractor weight, resulting in more productive machines. The horsepower ranges include: 85 horsepower (550K), 101 horsepower (650K), 125 horsepower (700K), and 155 to 165 horsepower (750K) at 1,800 rpm.
The K-Series uses cooled EGR technology with exhaust filters to meet 2012 EPA emissions regulations, and the engine’s diesel particulate filters are cleaned automatically during routine operation. The John Deere IT4 engine also offers operation on slopes up to 45 degrees while maintaining adequate oil flow to machine systems. A hydraulically driven cool-on-demand fan operates only as needed, decreases cab and bystander noise levels, and cuts fuel consumption. A reversing feature is standard for the 750K and optional for the 550K, 650K, and 700K to blow out debris.
Both the 700K and 750K come equipped with John Deere’s V-Cool package, and all four new models come outfitted with hydrostatic transmissions, feature a sealed switch model (SSM) with keyless start and a coded-security start feature, a 12-volt electrical accessory outlet, and an integrated grade control monitor.
Onboard diagnostics include a standard display monitor that provides real time values for every temperature, pressure, and speed sensor on the machine.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Caterpillar closes headquarters of global mining division, moves jobs to different facility896 Views
- Metal and nonmetal mines get a total of 61 citations during August MSHA inspections453 Views
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest390 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company377 Views
- Frac sand 101: What does it take to enter the high-value frac sand market and what does it mean for aggregate producers?311 Views