John Deere places second in InformationWeek 500 top technology innovators list
Deere & Co. placed second in this year’s prestigious InformationWeek 500 – a list of the top technology innovators in the U.S.
The IT and collaboration behind John Deere’s Service ADVISOR Remote have changed the way contractors view machine diagnostics.
Service ADVISOR Remote enables a John Deere dealer to connect remotely to a Deere machine to read diagnostic trouble codes and record machine performance data. The system significantly reduces the time and cost associated with equipment repairs.
“We developed Service ADVISOR Remote to help contractors keep their equipment running smoothly and avoid costly repairs,” said Tom Trone, director of WorkSight Solutions, John Deere Construction & Forestry, in a press release. “As the only heavy equipment manufacturer represented in the InformationWeek Top 100, this shows John Deere’s commitment to finding innovative ways to help our customers stay productive.”
Service ADVISOR Remote is part of John Deere’s exclusive WorkSight system, an integrated suite of technology solutions for business optimization. In addition to Service ADVISOR Remote, it consists of four technologies: JDLink™ machine monitoring system, Fleet Care proactive machine health program, grade control, and payload weighing. John Deere WorkSight is a market leading offering with two industry exclusives.
“The InformationWeek 500 has recognized the most innovative users of business technology for 24 years, and this year’s innovations were particularly impressive,” said InformationWeek Editor-in-Chief Rob Preston in a written statement. “What the editors looked for are unconventional approaches—new technologies, new models, new ways of grabbing business opportunities and solving complex business problems with IT.”
From our partners
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support179 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park166 Views
- MSHA invites all mine health and safety trainers to join its training call on April 29160 Views
- NSSGA wants everyone to ask their representative to co-sponsor the Regulatory Integrity Protection Act (H.R. 1732) to stop proposed Waters of the U.S. rule131 Views