JPB mixer driver wins 1st place at ‘roadeo’
Two Jack B. Parson Companies’ (JBP) mixer drivers walked away with cash prizes and top honors at the eighth annual Northern Utah Ready Mix Truck Roadeo.
The Roadeo, sponsored by the Ready Mix Council of the Utah Associated General Contractors Association, was held at H & E Equipment Company on Sept. 25, 2010. JBP drivers placed first and third at the event, making 2010 the seventh out of eight years that JBP has won the competition.
Three different tests were administered during the Roadeo, including a written test, a pre-trip inspection conducted by the Utah Highway Patrol and a driving test that measured the driver’s skill in maneuvering, backing, turning and stopping the mixer. Also tested during the event were concrete placement and chute handling skills.
Corey Sadler of JBP’s Smithfield plant was awarded a first place plaque and $1,000 cash prize.
Sadler has been a JBP employee for 15 years and represented JBP at the National Ready Mix Concrete Association Roadeo held Oct. 10 in Charlotte, N.C.
Chuck Rasband of JBP’s Beck Street plant was awarded a third place plaque and $500 cash prize. Rasband has been a JBP employee for 14 years.
“It is great to be part of an organization where every employee strives for excellence not only in their driving skills, but in safety and their desire to make JBP The Preferred Source,” said Bob Rowberry, JBP general manager, said in a written statement. “I am proud of this year’s winners and our excellent drivers who participated in the event. They represent our company well.”
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry345 Views
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers269 Views
- Kingsteps Quarry in Scotland will be examined for the remains of World War II planes214 Views
- Holcim and Lafarge nominate candidates for merged company’s board of directors199 Views
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar: Modern Earthmoving Marvels traces equipment evolution166 Views