JPB mixer driver wins 1st place at ‘roadeo’
Two Jack B. Parson Companies’ (JBP) mixer drivers walked away with cash prizes and top honors at the eighth annual Northern Utah Ready Mix Truck Roadeo.
The Roadeo, sponsored by the Ready Mix Council of the Utah Associated General Contractors Association, was held at H & E Equipment Company on Sept. 25, 2010. JBP drivers placed first and third at the event, making 2010 the seventh out of eight years that JBP has won the competition.
Three different tests were administered during the Roadeo, including a written test, a pre-trip inspection conducted by the Utah Highway Patrol and a driving test that measured the driver’s skill in maneuvering, backing, turning and stopping the mixer. Also tested during the event were concrete placement and chute handling skills.
Corey Sadler of JBP’s Smithfield plant was awarded a first place plaque and $1,000 cash prize.
Sadler has been a JBP employee for 15 years and represented JBP at the National Ready Mix Concrete Association Roadeo held Oct. 10 in Charlotte, N.C.
Chuck Rasband of JBP’s Beck Street plant was awarded a third place plaque and $500 cash prize. Rasband has been a JBP employee for 14 years.
“It is great to be part of an organization where every employee strives for excellence not only in their driving skills, but in safety and their desire to make JBP The Preferred Source,” said Bob Rowberry, JBP general manager, said in a written statement. “I am proud of this year’s winners and our excellent drivers who participated in the event. They represent our company well.”
From our partners
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest374 Views
- MSHA gives out $8.4 million to 47 states for mine safety and health training331 Views
- Frac sand 101: What does it take to enter the high-value frac sand market and what does it mean for aggregate producers?321 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company312 Views
- Tips for meeting MSHA's tougher criteria for workplace examinations296 Views