July 2009 – AggBeat
Shelley Company division recognized
Stoneco Inc., a division of The Shelly Co., which is a subsidiary of Oldcastle Materials Group, received the 2008 Minerals Education – Public Outreach Award from the Ohio Department of Natural Resources, Division of Natural Resources, Division of Mineral Resources Management for its work at its Montpelier North Wildlife Site. The award recognizes the group’s efforts to raise awareness about the use of minerals and the issues associated with mining and the environment.
The Montpelier North Wildlife Site sits on a former sand and gravel operation. The site features lakes, wetlands, and many animal species. It recently incorporated an education program established by the Wildlife Habitat Enhancement Program and is working toward a certification as a Wildlife Habitat Council Corporate Lands for Learning site.
MORE FROM AggBeat
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan shareholders reject board changes at annual meeting958 Views
- Excavators uncover ancient quarry in Jerusalem923 Views
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve488 Views
- Americans consume 3 million pounds of minerals in a lifetime235 Views
- Diesel fuel price report: May 13, 2013185 Views