July 2009 – Information Library
by Kerry Clines, Senior Editor
Silica exposure guidance document
The new 72-page guidance document, Controlling Silica Exposures in Construction, provides information on controlling silica exposure using various engineering control approaches and tools for several kinds of construction operations and equipment, as well as recommendations for work practices. The guide covers case studies and engineering control/worker recommendations on vehicle-mounted rock drilling rigs. Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
Tire care training
A new Tire Care Computer-Based Training Program helps operators of off-road heavy equipment understand how they can help extend tire life. The self-study or instructor-led program offers easily understood explanations of operating conditions that affect tire life, as well as graphics and visuals to support the narrated message. As each lesson is completed, “Check Your Knowledge” questions review the information presented. Vista Training, Inc.
Training videos online
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan shareholders reject board changes at annual meeting959 Views
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve509 Views
- Americans consume 3 million pounds of minerals in a lifetime241 Views
- Excavators uncover ancient quarry in Jerusalem204 Views
- North Carolina grants Martin Marietta water quality certification for limestone quarry186 Views