July steel shipments down 3 percent from July from June, up 7 percent year-to-date
The American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI) reported for the month of July 2011, U.S. steel mills shipped 7,409,450 net tons, a 3.0 percent decrease from the 7,639,108 net tons shipped in the previous month, June 2011, and a 14.3 percent increase from the 6,481,886 net tons shipped in July 2010.
Shipments year-to-date in 2011 are 52,189,307 a 7.0 percent increase vs. 2010 shipments of 48,790,026 for seven months. 2011 shipments through July would annualize at 89 million tons.
A month-to-month comparison of shipments shows the following changes: hot rolled sheet, up 3 percent, cold rolled sheet, down 4 percent and hot dipped galvanized sheets and strip, down 8 percent.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person541 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines393 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger393 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)346 Views
- Lafarge, Holcim announce job cuts ahead of merger241 Views