July steel shipments down 3 percent from July from June, up 7 percent year-to-date
The American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI) reported for the month of July 2011, U.S. steel mills shipped 7,409,450 net tons, a 3.0 percent decrease from the 7,639,108 net tons shipped in the previous month, June 2011, and a 14.3 percent increase from the 6,481,886 net tons shipped in July 2010.
Shipments year-to-date in 2011 are 52,189,307 a 7.0 percent increase vs. 2010 shipments of 48,790,026 for seven months. 2011 shipments through July would annualize at 89 million tons.
A month-to-month comparison of shipments shows the following changes: hot rolled sheet, up 3 percent, cold rolled sheet, down 4 percent and hot dipped galvanized sheets and strip, down 8 percent.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA issues citations to five metal/non-metal mines during impact inspections in February357 Views
- California woman killed when gravel truck tips over on her car208 Views
- Caterpillar intros 735C, 740C EJ, 745C articulated trucks with bevy of powertrain improvements (PHOTOS)164 Views
- Senate rejects amendment seeking to fund infrastructure by closing corporate tax loophole152 Views
- Wisconsin sand hauling company to lay off workers due to decreased frac sand demand128 Views