July steel shipments down 3 percent from July from June, up 7 percent year-to-date
The American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI) reported for the month of July 2011, U.S. steel mills shipped 7,409,450 net tons, a 3.0 percent decrease from the 7,639,108 net tons shipped in the previous month, June 2011, and a 14.3 percent increase from the 6,481,886 net tons shipped in July 2010.
Shipments year-to-date in 2011 are 52,189,307 a 7.0 percent increase vs. 2010 shipments of 48,790,026 for seven months. 2011 shipments through July would annualize at 89 million tons.
A month-to-month comparison of shipments shows the following changes: hot rolled sheet, up 3 percent, cold rolled sheet, down 4 percent and hot dipped galvanized sheets and strip, down 8 percent.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability542 Views
- Owner of rock quarry defends himself against park357 Views
- Video: Behind the scenes with Lego Technic's wheel loader R&D288 Views
- Caterpillar leadership sees changes, heads of mining and dealer support announce retirement 273 Views
- Founder of Florida Crushed Stone dies185 Views