July steel shipments down 3 percent from July from June, up 7 percent year-to-date
The American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI) reported for the month of July 2011, U.S. steel mills shipped 7,409,450 net tons, a 3.0 percent decrease from the 7,639,108 net tons shipped in the previous month, June 2011, and a 14.3 percent increase from the 6,481,886 net tons shipped in July 2010.
Shipments year-to-date in 2011 are 52,189,307 a 7.0 percent increase vs. 2010 shipments of 48,790,026 for seven months. 2011 shipments through July would annualize at 89 million tons.
A month-to-month comparison of shipments shows the following changes: hot rolled sheet, up 3 percent, cold rolled sheet, down 4 percent and hot dipped galvanized sheets and strip, down 8 percent.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA releases report on electrical fatality at crushed stone operation602 Views
- PHOTOS: Cat introduces new track drill411 Views
- Mike Rowe talks about the dirty topic of educating future workers358 Views
- Caterpillar highlights equipment and connectivity at ConExpo-Con/Agg272 Views
- Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award167 Views